Linea Pelle owners: anyone have a lighter colored bag? Question...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. im really considering getting a Dylan in Marigold, it is soo pretty and i dont have any spring colored bags, nor light colored bags for that matter. does your LP get dirty easily? do you have cleaning issues?

i wear lots of dark jeans, and would use the messenger strap on the Dylan if i get it so itd be like on my hip. i dont want to end up having the dye rub off on my bag! at least, not so i cant clean it. i do own appleguard conditioner and the rain/stain repelletn spray. do i even need to treat it? i usually treat all my leather bags

any advice would be welcome! thanks

2. i have a mini dylan in marigold sun. you should probably know first that, at least for me, it's not quite as yellow as i thought it would be. it is mustard colored.

currently, i do have it sprayed with wilson's. also, the linea pelle person i spoke to actually said with this leather i could actually wash off light stains with soap and water (!). i tried washing off a bit of what looked like a patch of dirt (i got my bag from the sample sale) with a drop of dr. bronner's and a wet washcloth and.. the bag was fine and CLEAN and the color/leather didn't change.

i sprayed it with protectant soon after and haven't done the soap/water thing since, but it might be worth someone else calling Linea Pelle and asking about it.

3. hm, personally, i prefer a darker yellow, i feel it goes better with my clothing than a true bright yellow. it still looks nice, right? just darker than on the LP site?

i feel stains should come off better if i spray beforehand, but i will call and ask to make sure. thanks!

4. I have a camel LP bag, and I seriously got something on it everytime I wore it for the first week....first lipgloss (got that out with baking soda), then pen (nail polish remover), the chocolate (bf's fault- but it came out on its own so he's not in trouble ;) ), and then coffee. I am not this messy, I promise! Each time it was only a very small amount, and by now I can't even tell I got anything on it. I think the natural oils in the leather have worked their way to the surface and just diffused whatever was there, but I am soooo glad I didn't get this bag in bone.

I finally got some leather lotion and put that on there, it made it really nice and shiny - healthy looking if that makes sense - but I don't know that that will protect it from anything. Anyway, if you're not a klutz like me, you'd probably be ok, but otherwise I would advise against it. I haven't noticed it collecting dirt from other surfaces though, just general grime you know, so that's encouraging.

5. i like the bag a lot - i am considering the dylan bowler in the same color or the brown, to be honest :P

6. I have a bone dyan speedy, been using it about 2 weeks. I had a dirt smudge, took a wet cloth and it came right off. Durable leather. Get it!!

7. i got it, ladies! this will be my bag for spring :smile:

im hearing good things about stains coming off the leather, though i am concerned about the denim dye. i am a huge jean fan, and i have had this problem with a canvas tote ive been carrying. but a $200 leather bag is a different story. im crossing my fingers!

8. Aznanjl post pictures when you get it. I love yellow! I have the dylan bowler in midnight..I wish I had seen a marigold one back when I ordered it but I may just have to order another in the marigold.