Linea Pelle on-line

Nancy in VA

Bal & Legacy Lover
O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
boy - sure takes a long time to ship - I placed my order on Friday and it did not ship until today! - and they have the nerve to charge $12 shipping - boy my black Dylan tote better be good.

WOW, that's Cold !!
LP Customer service is excellent. ! The same humans who get your order on Friday don't SEE it until Monday, get the charges and shipping together, then personally pack your bags to ship. What are you complaining about & why bring it here ?~ (f you have a complaint, you can easily deal with them directly) *Look at the Hayden Harnett sub forum for examples of real nightmare shipping delays ! LINEA PELLE NEVER CHARGES UNTIL SHIPMENT ! INCLUDING PRE-ORDERS ( IF YOUR PRE ORDER IS AVAILABLE BEFORE THE EXPECTED SHIPPING DATE THEY WILL ASK PERMISSION TO CHARGE AND SHIP !) Who else does that !!
btw, $12.00 shipping is VERY reasonable for FedEx Signature Service !!
Take time to know LP before posting harsh criticism. They are not Amazon 0r eBags, with 24/7 business hours ! PLUS you can follow your orders on the LP site by signing in ~ not every website allows that access !
Your Black Dylan IS worth it, and if you aren't tickled pink, they will make it right. That is their reputation.

Last edited:
I don't think the OP meant any disrespect to LP. She is just excited to get her bag. I just received my 1st LP today and I'm still "tickled pink". I carried her out and felt like a million bucks. I was very surprised that I received it a day earlier than expected per the UPS site. BTW, I ordered from Luna Boston and got free shipping........:love:

Stormy - please calm down - geez - I am just used to faster shipping - Balenciaga, Coach, etc - all ship faster for $12 - actually sometimes they even waive shipping.

I am not making a personal attack on Linea Pelle - I thought you ladies would just comment on how long it took your bags to ship - so I would know that it was normal - maybe the tone of my post was not right -

All the big companies have on-line tracking - I am sure Linea Pelle will deliver a great product and I will forget all about the shipping - so please take no offense.

WOW, that's Cold !!
LP Customer service is excellent. ! The same humans who get your order on Friday don't SEE it until Monday, get the charges and shipping together, then personally pack your bags to ship. What are you complaining about & why bring it here ?~ (f you have a complaint, you can easily deal with them directly) *Look at the Hayden Harnett sub forum for examples of real nightmare shipping delays ! LINEA PELLE NEVER CHARGES UNTIL SHIPMENT ! INCLUDING PRE-ORDERS ( IF YOUR PRE ORDER IS AVAILABLE BEFORE THE EXPECTED SHIPPING DATE THEY WILL ASK PERMISSION TO CHARGE AND SHIP !) Who else does that !!
btw, $12.00 shipping is VERY reasonable for FedEx Signature Service !!
Take time to know LP before posting harsh criticism. They are not Amazon 0r eBags, with 24/7 business hours ! PLUS you can follow your orders on the LP site by signing in ~ not every website allows that access !
Your Black Dylan IS worth it, and if you aren't tickled pink, they will make it right. That is their reputation.

Please be respectful of your fellow board members - there's no reason to be so hostile about something as simple as shipping time. Everyone's conception of what they should be getting based on what they're paying is different.

You didn't ask us how long shipping usually takes. You said they had ' nerve' to charge shipping and it better be good.
Coach is a much bigger operation and very different !
You know the bigger the company, the better rates they contract for shipping.
You always have the option of going with a free shipping ReSeller.
Luna Boston is great and closer (quicker) to you.
LP uses Ground shipping, so your distance from LA matters.
If you have a problem, LP covers return shipping for you.
Most of my LP orders arrive in a week, not counting weekends and holidays. Big Sales can add another day or so total turn around time.
In fact, not all companies have systems for you to log in and track but instead rely on email.
I appreciate the ways LP tries to keep the costs of their bags reasonable. Shipping always gets paid somewhere by an online customer, if it's in the price of the item or a separate line on an invoice, so I don't worry about that. I am happy to sign for secure deliveries, too.
I hope you love your casual black tote.

Please be respectful of your fellow board members - there's no reason to be so hostile about something as simple as shipping time. Everyone's conception of what they should be getting based on what they're paying is different.

Oh no disrespect intended. And you are right, we all have our own expectations of our purchases. Often what is normal to one, is unacceptable to another.
(We see a lot here of perceptions here about LP's washed leather, which can be a little irregular. Some love, some not so much.) Never heard of a shipping problem, though. Every time I get an expected ship date, it shows up a day early from FedEx, which I think is a local issue.

*Look at the Hayden Harnett sub forum for examples of real nightmare shipping delays !

Ain't that the truth!

Sorry OP but I was also taken aback when I read your post. I expected something horrifying...and that simply wasn't the case. In any event, I hope you love your bag!

P.S. If you sign up for the LP VIP club, you'll get $15 off your purchase (over a certain amount). That would have eliminated the shipping charge and a few bucks more.

Last edited:
LP usually takes about 2 business days to ship and they do charge for shipping because they're small operations vs. bal & coach. Rebecca Minkoff charges $20 per item and extra $10 for additional items. She is a small operations too and doesn't have a ton of volumes like coach. Shipping companies give them a better rate I'm sure.

You'll love your Dylan bag- LP actually lowered the price of new Dylan Zip Tote by $100 this fall. I think they understand their consumers and the market and their bags are already superior quality for the price. And they do have excellent customer service, most of us worship their main cs, Dani!

Last edited:
Again, sorry for any offense and I cant wait to get my bag - Linea Pelle sure has great leather - I actually got the $15 off from Linea Pelle (I guess that covers shipping) and I searched on-line and got a 15% coupon also - and used Mr. Rebates! So - I am happy with my discounts -