Lindy now?

Jun 25, 2008
I am contemplating an orange clemence 30 lindy as my first Hermes bag. I can get a 2008 at a nice discount, but wonder how much use I will get out of it?

I work full time, am in a black suit most days and have lots of black/grey/beige in my wardrobe. Only casual on the weekends. Can I expect to use an orange bag with enough frequency to justify it?

O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
If you carry documents and folders daily, I don;t know if 30 lindy will fit. . . But, if it is shaped kind of like your daily bag, and you love the pop of color, then it would be great!

Have you tried the lindy on IRL? I find the base makes me feel conscious of my hips - but I love do love it on other people.

DiamondS, Irish lass and Loves (and probably lots of other people) have great actions shots of lindy bags.

annelovepuggy

Sep 25, 2008
US East Coast
Hi, I just got a 30cm orange swift lindy. It goes well with office outfits as well as weekend casual. I don't see it'll be any concern to match your wardrobe. I use my 2 H orange scarves to get unusual color combination hints. The style is unique and very understated, which I love. It's best if you can go to H boutique and try it on first.

Last edited:

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
:tup: H in orange = classic

Even for me, and I am not feeling a colourful bag right now, if I can't get a black, orange or gold will do fine.

nancydrew

Loving my Lindy!
Jan 4, 2009
south florida
i think it depends on your comfort level with the pop of color - i'm like you, i wear a lot of neutral colors at work, so i use my purses to be my "color" - plus, not sure if you're like me, but most of the time, the purse just gets left behind in my office during the day anyway, i don't walk around with it so really the only time i'm seen with it is in the morning coming in and evening going home...

if you like the lindy - an orange one would be great no matter what!

good luck - let us know what you decide!

crochetbella

~H~
O.G.
Mar 6, 2006
Orange goes with so much! I didn't realize it until I bought a pair of orange Tory Burch flip flops...I wear them with everything!!! I definitely want to get an orange H bag someday! :girlsigh: