Lindy - Etoupe or Black? I just can't decide!!

Sharkbait

Schumi Obsessed
Sep 2, 2007
I'm getting ready to order a Lindy and I'm really just torn between Etoupe or Black. I need help!

They are both neutrals, right? But, I'm just not sure what to do. I have a black bag that I carry (Jimmy Choo Mahala) and don't have anything in a grey/khaki/beigy neutral family. But, I fear that the Etoupe might not look as rich and elegant as black for a "more casual" style H bag. Then again, I have a black bag and the neutral might be a nice variation for summer.

But, maybe I'm just overthinking it!

Any thoughts, ladies?

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
etoupe i love it because you can see the stiching and its very usefull i tend to like the lindy in classic wearble colors such as this i love etoupe !!!!

kimberf

Loves the Lindy!
O.G.
Mar 8, 2007
California
I just got etoupe in swift and love it. I think it's a beautiful neutral, different from the usual browns that are out there, and a nice change from black. I think it will be very versatile and, as you say, great for spring/summer.

Julide

Ahh Money Penny...
O.G.
Aug 23, 2007
Well first what size are you thinking about? Second Etoupe has contrast stitching do you mind this? Also what leather are you thinking about Clemance or Swift? I think they make a difference in the bags look as well. I hope this helps you!!:flowers:

Sharkbait

Schumi Obsessed
Sep 2, 2007
I'm looking at Clemence (I like the texture) in 34, but I'm not against the 30 at all.

I actually don't have any bags with contrast stitching and I saw that on the Lindy and maybe that's why I'm nervous about the Etoupe. It's pushing me out of comfort zone. Which can be a good thing, of course!!

Julide

Ahh Money Penny...
O.G.
Aug 23, 2007
Sharkbait Have you thought about Gris T? Its similiar to Etoupe but without the contrast stitching. Here is a couple of pics. First Etoupe contrast sticthing and Gris T...:flowers:

P.S. I really can't spell:shame:

mudmud

The Orange Wiggle
O.G.
Oct 13, 2006
For the Lindy, which is a bit of a chic design (rather than a classic such as a Kelly), it looks better in etoupe IMO. You probably want to carry a Lindy for casual occasions so it doesn't matter if you have a bit of a "pop" in the colour.

mrssparkles

Happy
Mar 25, 2006
For the Lindy, which is a bit of a chic design (rather than a classic such as a Kelly), it looks better in etoupe IMO. You probably want to carry a Lindy for casual occasions so it doesn't matter if you have a bit of a "pop" in the colour.
I agree.

And a bright cheery Lindy is a good thing. More youthful looking.

Last edited:

IceEarl

O.G.
May 12, 2007
I love my Lindy Etoupe, she is a 30 Clemence, and I think this will be a great choice for you too :smile:

This is me:

I have been enjoying wearing my Lindy, one day I hope to own a 26 swift in a darker color, maybe a black which will be a bit more dressy. ;)