Lindy Bags: Only for the Young, or Will we Still Wear Them When We Grow Old(er)??

luckylove

O.G.
Sep 5, 2012
:smile: Hi Everyone! I am curious to hear your opinions on whether you think the Lindy is strictly a youthful bag to be enjoyed while we are quite young, or do you feel it is a classic we might still enjoy as we grow old? I am looking forward to hearing all of your thoughts and opinions...TIA:smile:

I love my Lindys & plan on using them for a L-O-N-G time though an SA once told me the bag was "youthful", perhaps not really for "my age" bracket. LOL

It's such a functional, classy bag IMO...

That's funny, I always thought Lindys were for all ages. In fact most of the people around me that I've seen carry Lindys are not in their 20s and 30s. Goes to show that this bag is appropriate for all.

I once saw a lovely lady in her 70s walking across the lobby of the Mandarin Hotel. Nicely dressed, holding an orange Lindy, looking really elegant.

If you're a Lindy person now, chances are you'll always love the Lindy.

I'm still in my 20s and it is definitely my cup of tea. I love my Lindy. I see me using it for years, and the way it's constructed I have no doubt I will.

I don't see it looking less appropriate on Glenda Bailey, or this lovely lady from the Sartorialist:
InstantClassic.jpg

than say Charlotte Dellal, Zhang Ziyi, or Charlotte Casiraghi. If anything, IMHO Bailey and the Sartorialist of the Year rock it better!

also mid 40, a friend who is mid 50s saw my lindy and fell in love with Lindy ever since. She doesn't know anything about H besides the little H knowledge I have shared and showed her:graucho:

She has seen all my H collection but most impressed with Lindy.

I am hunting for a red lindy for her now;)