Lindy Bag 30cm: Which color & leather go with GHW..HELP!!?

tashy_y

O.G.
Feb 19, 2011
Hi All,

I would need your help.. as I am thiniking of getting a Lindy, size 30cm.. However I am not sure what color to get.. I want something to pop but also allow me to use it when I dress up / dress down.. I have been searching about Lindy.. It seems this model only come in Clemence / Swift..

Most of the Heremes lovers.. pick Sliver Hardware.. not a lot of GHW.. is GHW in general hard to get? Also most of user pick Clemence.. not swift.. why's that??

I still can't tell the different of Swift and box leather , are they both smooth without any patten? if I want the Lindy to have more structure.. should I pick Swift leather..

Would a black Swift go with GHW? or Etoupe go with GHW? If you have the picture of the bag in that leather with GHW.. pls kindly share with me..

Thanks gals..
:biggrin:

colours that go with ghw IMO - orange, black, red, purple, green..

the lindy does not come in box leather. clemence and swift are suitable for the slouchy shape of the lindy. if you want a structured bag, then the lindy is not suitable.

all the lindys i have seen in the store nowadays are with palladium hardware.

as for leather/colour/hardware, with H you don't really get to pick and choose the bag. you take what is available unless you are willing to wait an indefinite amount of time for it..

for the lindy, i would say the colour would be the main factor to consider, followed by leather and hardware is probably least important.

i would suggest going through the ode to the lindy thread (if you haven't already) to see the colours and action shots..

hth. good luck!

colours that go with ghw IMO - orange, black, red, purple, green..

the lindy does not come in box leather. clemence and swift are suitable for the slouchy shape of the lindy. if you want a structured bag, then the lindy is not suitable.

all the lindys i have seen in the store nowadays are with palladium hardware.

as for leather/colour/hardware, with H you don't really get to pick and choose the bag. you take what is available unless you are willing to wait an indefinite amount of time for it..

for the lindy, i would say the colour would be the main factor to consider, followed by leather and hardware is probably least important.

i would suggest going through the ode to the lindy thread (if you haven't already) to see the colours and action shots..

hth. good luck!
thanks very much for your kind input.. ;).. Really Appreciated

I personally love the gold on gold approach. It's very classy and can be dressed up or down. Like Chincac, I'm not sure if it comes in GHW as I've only ever seen and owned PHW. Good luck! x

Some seasons they issue more gold hardware, other seasons more silver hardware. Some colors and leathers are offered only with one type of hardware color. Black is available in both silver and gold hardware. I have a pelouse croc lindy and it was made only with gold hardware. I have a marron d'Inde lindy and it was offered in both gold and silver hardware.

Lindys are made only with "slouchy" skins because of the way the bag is shaped which is why swift and clemence leathers are used. In exotics, only "souple" skins are used which are different than the regular exotic skins.

I think black with gold hardware looks more traditional and silver hardware looks more modern. JMO. Personally, I'd love to have one of each!

A dear friend bought her black clemence lindy 34 with gold hardware and adores it.

I own both hardware as well; many colours can be offered in both, I think it depends if the store ordered GHW. Have you talked with an SA yet? Perhaps they can tell you what colours are offered with GHW to make your decision that much easier!!:flowers:

Hi All,

I would need your help.. as I am thiniking of getting a Lindy, size 30cm.. However I am not sure what color to get.. I want something to pop but also allow me to use it when I dress up / dress down.. I have been searching about Lindy.. It seems this model only come in Clemence / Swift..

Most of the Heremes lovers.. pick Sliver Hardware.. not a lot of GHW.. is GHW in general hard to get? Also most of user pick Clemence.. not swift.. why's that??

I still can't tell the different of Swift and box leather , are they both smooth without any patten? if I want the Lindy to have more structure.. should I pick Swift leather..

Would a black Swift go with GHW? or Etoupe go with GHW? If you have the picture of the bag in that leather with GHW.. pls kindly share with me..

Thanks gals..
:biggrin:

I have bought 3 Lindy's 30. Orange with PHW, rouge Garrance with PHW and blue hydra with GHW. All three in clemence leather. My local store rarely gets any Lindy with GHW.

Clemence is more hardy and easier to care for as it's a grained leather. Swift leather is smooth thus shows scratches easily. However some of our ladies here prefer swift. I am not sure if swift gives Lindy more structure.

Personally I feel the design of Lindy is not meant to be structured like the birkin or Kelly. The softness of the leather such as clemence and swift allows it to fold into the 'fortune cookie shape', which is the unique design of Lindy.

I love box leather but I don't think I can handle swift for a casual bag like Lindy. I mostly use it as day bag and casual dinner dates.

I suggest you decide on the color and leather first, followed by the hardware. I prefer GHW for most of my H bags, but for Lindy I don't mind either hardware.

Do share what you decide later.

Last edited: