Lindy 30 vs Toolbox 26

Monaliceke

O.G.
Jun 28, 2007
Hi, I'm searching for an under-the-radar everyday bag which can be worn from day to night, casual or semi-formal. Considering the practicality, I need a bag that offers a comfortable shoulder strap instead of just hand-carry. I owned a birkin 30 and a kelly 32, but sold both because the birkin is too heavy and kelly is not handy for getting stuff in/out.

I have tried the Lindy 30 at H. a few years ago but didn't get it because it wasn't my favorite color. Now I am considering between Lindy and Toolbox (a slightly newer design?). Wondering what's the difference in terms of capacity between these 2 bags. I hope fellow TPF members who have both bags could kindly guide me please?

I also like the Jypsiere very much. It looks like there's a lot of labor involved in the making of the Jypsiere as compared to the Lindy or Toolbox. I'm not an expert, so please correct me if my perception is wrong.
However, I'm not sure about the capacity of Jypsiere 28 compared to Lindy 30 and Toolbox 26. I really need your expert guidance on my next purchase decision. Thank you all so much.

I have attached some pictures of the bags in my favorite colors, which I hope to own very soon. TIA!

Attachments

• Toolbox 26 Swift Vermillon.png
    Toolbox 26 Swift Vermillon.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,641
  • Toolbox 26 Evercolor Etain.png
    Toolbox 26 Evercolor Etain.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,668
  • Jypsière sanguine-rose Jaipur.png
    Jypsière sanguine-rose Jaipur.png
    167.9 KB · Views: 1,606
  • Lindy 30 Etoupe.png
    Lindy 30 Etoupe.png
    246.6 KB · Views: 1,756
Hi! I have both styles and get plenty of use out of both. As far as capacity, both bags fit quite a lot, though the toolbox fits the most. IMHO, the toolbox can be very chic, but isn't as comfortable on the shoulder as the lindy. I tend to wear my toolbox as handheld or crook of the arm. I do feel that the toolbox is suitable to daytime wear only as it is quite large. The lindy, if styled correctly, can be used in the evenings for less formal events. For me, the Lindy is definitely one of the most practical and comfortable bags especially when worn on the shoulder.
Truthfully, I don't think you can go wrong with either. Perhaps you can go to the boutique and try both on to see which sings to you. Good luck deciding!

i agree with luckylove overall. i have both and really love both. for me wearing the toolbox on the shoulder is equally as comfortable as the lindy. but i like that the toolbox has proper shoulder and handheld handles whereas you may not be able to hold lindy with the handles if your bag is full.

you really can't go wrong with either. it may come down to color when you finally decide. jypsiere would be my last choice and i think it's more limiting because of no strap handles for toting and it is way more casual looking a bag than the lindy or toolbox.

Hi! I have both styles and get plenty of use out of both. As far as capacity, both bags fit quite a lot, though the toolbox fits the most. IMHO, the toolbox can be very chic, but isn't as comfortable on the shoulder as the lindy. I tend to wear my toolbox as handheld or crook of the arm. I do feel that the toolbox is suitable to daytime wear only as it is quite large. The lindy, if styled correctly, can be used in the evenings for less formal events. For me, the Lindy is definitely one of the most practical and comfortable bags especially when worn on the shoulder.
Truthfully, I don't think you can go wrong with either. Perhaps you can go to the boutique and try both on to see which sings to you. Good luck deciding!

Yes, I agree that the Toolbox is very chic. Do you mean the Toolbox 26 is larger than a Lindy 30? How about the weight? In your opinion, which one is heavier?

i agree with luckylove overall. i have both and really love both. for me wearing the toolbox on the shoulder is equally as comfortable as the lindy. but i like that the toolbox has proper shoulder and handheld handles whereas you may not be able to hold lindy with the handles if your bag is full.

you really can't go wrong with either. it may come down to color when you finally decide. jypsiere would be my last choice and i think it's more limiting because of no strap handles for toting and it is way more casual looking a bag than the lindy or toolbox.

Good to know that they are both comfortable on the shoulder. Can I ask if you can fit the same amount of things in both Toolbox 26 and Lindy 30?

Thank you both for your help.

I have both. The Toolbox 26 has larger capacity than the Lindy 30 because it's taller and has bat wings on the sides so that it becomes more tote-like when open. I have my Lindy for years and it gets more compliments than my Bs & Ks. I prefer carrying the L on my forearm. Most times, I just use the turn lock and not zip up the sides. I got the TB last year thinking that it'd be a great day to day bag and a good alternate to my L but find that it's a bit boxy and to date have only used it less than 10 times. The TB's canvas strap also makes it looks more casual. My TB is made with evercolor leather so it's soft and slouchy. I use an organizer insert inside to keep it structured because I don't like my bag too slouchy. It's a great bag if you have a lot to carry though.

If I have time later tonight I'll try to take a pic and compare and post for you.

That would be really helpful. Thank you so much!

I have both. The Toolbox 26 has larger capacity than the Lindy 30 because it's taller and has bat wings on the sides so that it becomes more tote-like when open. I have my Lindy for years and it gets more compliments than my Bs & Ks. I prefer carrying the L on my forearm. Most times, I just use the turn lock and not zip up the sides. I got the TB last year thinking that it'd be a great day to day bag and a good alternate to my L but find that it's a bit boxy and to date have only used it less than 10 times. The TB's canvas strap also makes it looks more casual. My TB is made with evercolor leather so it's soft and slouchy. I use an organizer insert inside to keep it structured because I don't like my bag too slouchy. It's a great bag if you have a lot to carry though.

Thanks, I actually don't carry a lot, but just like my bags to be roomy as I don't like to squeeze my stuff. I don't mind if TB is a bit slouchy, most importantly is the leather must be durable. I'm not sure how easy it is to care for evercolor compared to clemence Lindy. I have read that evercolor is a lot lighter than clemence, but not sure about the weight and durability though. It is important for me to have scratch-resistant leather. That's also a reason why I'm considering the clemence lindy. Any advice?

That would be really helpful. Thank you so much!

Thanks, I actually don't carry a lot, but just like my bags to be roomy as I don't like to squeeze my stuff. I don't mind if TB is a bit slouchy, most importantly is the leather must be durable. I'm not sure how easy it is to care for evercolor compared to clemence Lindy. I have read that evercolor is a lot lighter than clemence, but not sure about the weight and durability though. It is important for me to have scratch-resistant leather. That's also a reason why I'm considering the clemence lindy. Any advice?
I will weight my TB and L tonight and let you know the difference. My Lindy is in clemence.

I will weight my TB and L tonight and let you know the difference. My Lindy is in clemence.
Yes, please. Thank you.

Unless used solely as a shoulder bag, IMO the lindy is difficult to carry. I prefer my toolbox.
Oh? May I ask what size is your TB? 26 or 20? I have seen many pictures of the 20 and it looks very cute, while 26 is more nonchalant chic.

I always admired the toolbox. It's such a chic bag.
That's good feedback, especially coming from you, as I like your style ;)
So would you choose TB 20 or 26? In swift or evercolor?

Hi, i have bought a new lindy 30 in RC from the h.com europe a month ago... However, I found out that one of the zippers is not smooth, so I tried to 'open and close' for around 1x times, it is better but..... I found the zipper pull (the area surrounding the circle ring): the sided-leather has abit peel off and the wax has scratched off abit too... Anyone has the same problem?? Is it a normal wear when you use the zips of Lindy? Or is it a quality defect?? I have dropped to my local shop and they ask me to wait for around 3 months!!! OMG, it is a brand new bag....

The other side of normal zipper, the sided-leather of zipper pull is much better (though still abit off... ) and the resin/ wax of the flap edge has a tiny gap... So I ask the sa to write that down too on my repair sheet... Ai, really disappointed about my first lindy..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    537 KB · Views: 1,359
I have lindy 30 and toolbox 20. Lindy is a great shoulder bag, but I find toolbox is better for everyday use. I bought my couple weeks ago and I've been using it every day!! but TB26 can be boxy.