Lindy 30 vs Toolbox 26

Hi, i have bought a new lindy 30 in RC from the h.com europe a month ago... However, I found out that one of the zippers is not smooth, so I tried to 'open and close' for around 1x times, it is better but..... I found the zipper pull (the area surrounding the circle ring): the sided-leather has abit peel off and the wax has scratched off abit too... Anyone has the same problem?? Is it a normal wear when you use the zips of Lindy? Or is it a quality defect?? I have dropped to my local shop and they ask me to wait for around 3 months!!! OMG, it is a brand new bag....

The other side of normal zipper, the sided-leather of zipper pull is much better (though still abit off... ) and the resin/ wax of the flap edge has a tiny gap... So I ask the sa to write that down too on my repair sheet... Ai, really disappointed about my first lindy..

Very sorry about your Lindy.

You might like to ask a H mod to help you move this to your own thread or a similar one where more people can help you and comment more easily.

Hi, i have bought a new lindy 30 in RC from the h.com europe a month ago... However, I found out that one of the zippers is not smooth, so I tried to 'open and close' for around 1x times, it is better but..... I found the zipper pull (the area surrounding the circle ring): the sided-leather has abit peel off and the wax has scratched off abit too... Anyone has the same problem?? Is it a normal wear when you use the zips of Lindy? Or is it a quality defect?? I have dropped to my local shop and they ask me to wait for around 3 months!!! OMG, it is a brand new bag....

The other side of normal zipper, the sided-leather of zipper pull is much better (though still abit off... ) and the resin/ wax of the flap edge has a tiny gap... So I ask the sa to write that down too on my repair sheet... Ai, really disappointed about my first lindy..

My lindy bag has resin issues recently and I only used it for couple of times. I went back to my SA, but that's nothing they can do. I pay for the cost and it is in spa now and will be repaired, it normally takes 3-4 months.

Yes, please. Thank you.

Oh? May I ask what size is your TB? 26 or 20? I have seen many pictures of the 20 and it looks very cute, while 26 is more nonchalant chic.

That's good feedback, especially coming from you, as I like your style ;)
So would you choose TB 20 or 26? In swift or evercolor?

I have a 26 iris swift toolbox.

Yes, please. Thank you.

That's good feedback, especially coming from you, as I like your style ;)
So would you choose TB 20 or 26? In swift or evercolor?

Aww thank you. Personally, I'd go with TB20 in any leather. I believe evercolor is softer than swift. Do you carry a lot? Have you tried it on at the boutique yet?

That would be really helpful. Thank you so much!

Sorry I was too tired last night so I just did the comparison. This was an interesting exercise because I have never really compared.

Here are the details of contents in pic:
- Lindy 30, clemence, ultraviolet
- Toolbox 26, swift, anemone
- Muji bag organizer, kelly long wallet (to go in organizer)
- 17 oz water bottle (avg size plastic bottle)
- CSGM shawl
- regular size iPad
- vintage coach leather cosmetic pouch

This is what I learned:
- both hold a very very similar amount
- water bottle stands up nicely in Lindy. Can stand up in TB but tight when closed, needs to be batwinged to close lock comfortably
- TB can hold a little more but primarily when not shut and/or batwinged.

In my opinion, either works well and amount carried is similar. So I would pick based on style, what's available in colors you like, leather choice maybe (TB comes in swift and evercolor only I believe whereas Lindy can be evercolor, Clemence and maybe swift), strap style, leather vs canvas which is a little wider, and exterior pocket vs interior (don't know if you need quickly accessibility). Those are the main points I could consider. For me they are both equally comfortable and similar to wear.

Okay, here are the pics. Hope this helps you decide. You basically can't go wrong.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1446646901.203406.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1446646910.287012.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1446646920.066278.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1446646928.805507.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1446646936.656381.jpg

Reactions: Happyhippo
Hi luxemadam. Hope I would be of help. Sharing with you my Lindy, a 34 which has a wider shoulder strap than the 30 plus it has a longer strap too so the bag sits comfortably on my side. I find it a tad too big for me since I'm on the petite side but I love the size, and I use when traveling. It's more roomy.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1446647361.570320.jpg

The Jypsiere 28 is rather small. Just enough for my stuff though. The straps are too long for my frame, well maybe bec it's supposed to be a cross bag. I take one strap off and attach a twilly to the buckle of the strap and attach it to the ring on the bag and make a knot. The size 31 is heavier. Gorgeous as it is, it's not very easy to access. Pretty much like the Kelly though the closures are repeated from the Birkin with a longer flap.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1446647466.387443.jpg

While, this TB 26 I just brought home today is quite roomy. Bought it bec of the combination of swift and clemence leather which won't scratch easily, and the color is stunning! I have yet to carry it to see how it sits.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1446647489.088593.jpg

So there. I hope I was able to help you decide on which to purchase.

Thank you for allowing me to share my insights with you![emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]ImageUploadedByPurseForum1446647361.570320.jpg

Last edited:
Aww thank you. Personally, I'd go with TB20 in any leather. I believe evercolor is softer than swift. Do you carry a lot? Have you tried it on at the boutique yet?

I don't carry a lot, and I could easily fit everything I need in a Picotin 18. So, I guess maybe TB20 will be just perfect.
Anyway, I am going to visit FSH in 2 weeks and I really hope I can score one there :biggrin:

Sorry I was too tired last night so I just did the comparison. This was an interesting exercise because I have never really compared.

Here are the details of contents in pic:
- Lindy 30, clemence, ultraviolet
- Toolbox 26, swift, anemone
- Muji bag organizer, kelly long wallet (to go in organizer)
- 17 oz water bottle (avg size plastic bottle)
- CSGM shawl
- regular size iPad
- vintage coach leather cosmetic pouch

This is what I learned:
- both hold a very very similar amount
- water bottle stands up nicely in Lindy. Can stand up in TB but tight when closed, needs to be batwinged to close lock comfortably
- TB can hold a little more but primarily when not shut and/or batwinged.

In my opinion, either works well and amount carried is similar. So I would pick based on style, what's available in colors you like, leather choice maybe (TB comes in swift and evercolor only I believe whereas Lindy can be evercolor, Clemence and maybe swift), strap style, leather vs canvas which is a little wider, and exterior pocket vs interior (don't know if you need quickly accessibility). Those are the main points I could consider. For me they are both equally comfortable and similar to wear.

Okay, here are the pics. Hope this helps you decide. You basically can't go wrong.

Wow! Thank you so much! You've got both bags in the size and colors that I love. Hmmm, would be fantastic if I could own both, just like you. I must try my luck at FSH in 2 weeks' time. Wish me luck :smile:

Hi luxemadam. Hope I would be of help. Sharing with you my Lindy, a 34 which has a wider shoulder strap than the 30 plus it has a longer strap too so the bag sits comfortably on my side. I find it a tad too big for me since I'm on the petite side but I love the size, and I use when traveling. It's more roomy.

The Jypsiere 28 is rather small. Just enough for my stuff though. The straps are too long for my frame, well maybe bec it's supposed to be a cross bag. I take one strap off and attach a twilly to the buckle of the strap and attach it to the ring on the bag and make a knot. The size 31 is heavier. Gorgeous as it is, it's not very easy to access. Pretty much like the Kelly though the closures are repeated from the Birkin with a longer flap.

While, this TB 26 I just brought home today is quite roomy. Bought it bec of the combination of swift and clemence leather which won't scratch easily, and the color is stunning! I have yet to carry it to see how it sits.

So there. I hope I was able to help you decide on which to purchase.

Thank you for allowing me to share my insights with you![emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]

Hey, thank you for sharing mod shots with your lovely bags! Congrats on your new TB. It's such a lovely, all year wearable color.

I really like the way you wear the Jypsiere. Is it size 31?

I am trying to avoid large bags. Had been suffering from back aches and shoulder/neck pains the last few years wearing big hand-held bags with no shoulder-carry option. I think the TB26 might be the biggest bag I would choose, or perhaps even consider the smaller TB20. I hope you can give me your feedback on your TB26 once you start wearing her? Thanks again!

Hey, thank you for sharing mod shots with your lovely bags! Congrats on your new TB. It's such a lovely, all year wearable color.

I really like the way you wear the Jypsiere. Is it size 31?

I am trying to avoid large bags. Had been suffering from back aches and shoulder/neck pains the last few years wearing big hand-held bags with no shoulder-carry option. I think the TB26 might be the biggest bag I would choose, or perhaps even consider the smaller TB20. I hope you can give me your feedback on your TB26 once you start wearing her? Thanks again!

Why thank you luxemadam![emoji8] Mine is a 28. My SA told me that the 31 would be too big for my frame, besides my stuff just fits well inside the 28. Lindy 30 has a narrower shoulder strap, and since we Asians have drooped shoulders, some bags just don't stay on our shoulders.[emoji52] I'll start wearing it tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

I am sorry but to me none of these lovely bags are suitable for a semi-formal evening except the Toolbox 20. This is such a great bag, and it looks really amazing in croc :graucho:

Of the styles, I prefer the Toolbox. I can never get used to the Jypsiere, but many love it.

I don't have a lindy because the bag just don't sing to me. if you are looking for an under the radar bag....TOOLBOX ALL THE WAY!! my toolbox is 26 in evercolour, and it sure is pretty boxy, but a great bag for travel (in my opinion) and if you want to load a bunch of stuff. The leather is not the best, the corners scuff easy. It will be great to get it in clemence leather. Since you mentioned you dont carry much in you bags, consider TB 20 in a nice pop of color. They are very cute!! I want one myself. I'm excited to know what you will choose.

I don't have a lindy because the bag just don't sing to me. if you are looking for an under the radar bag....TOOLBOX ALL THE WAY!! my toolbox is 26 in evercolour, and it sure is pretty boxy, but a great bag for travel (in my opinion) and if you want to load a bunch of stuff. The leather is not the best, the corners scuff easy. It will be great to get it in clemence leather. Since you mentioned you dont carry much in you bags, consider TB 20 in a nice pop of color. They are very cute!! I want one myself. I'm excited to know what you will choose.

Thanks. Honestly, I love clemence and togo leathers. Will certainly try to get one in clemence.

I am sorry but to me none of these lovely bags are suitable for a semi-formal evening except the Toolbox 20. This is such a great bag, and it looks really amazing in croc :graucho:
Of the styles, I prefer the Toolbox. I can never get used to the Jypsiere, but many love it.

Thanks, I will definitely check out both sizes.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1446720122.957877.jpg

Hey there luxemadam. I took my TB out today for some errands. Here is a picture of us, doesn't do justice to the TB.[emoji16] Have to get used to carrying it though.