Lindsay Lohan

lexigirl16

Sep 14, 2005
This is from news from @ People.com

Lindsay Lohan and an unidentified female friend suffered minor injuries Tuesday when the star's Mercedes crashed into another vehicle during a chase through West Hollywood that involved paparazzi, according to police and eyewitness accounts given to PEOPLE.

The Mean Girls star, 19, was driving a black convertible Mercedes shortly before 5 p.m. "when she collided into the passenger side of a maroon Chevrolet Astro van that was apparently turning in front of her," according to a statement from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. The impact also deployed the driver and passenger air bags in Lohan's car.

According to the sheriff, "Miss Lohan and her female passenger (were) transported by ambulance to a local hospital for treatment of minor injuries." The male driver of the van was taken to the hospital with "moderate injuries."

The chase reportedly began after Lohan had a late lunch with friends at the Ivy Restaurant and then embarked on a shopping expedition that took Lindsay to a clothing store. "Paparazzi were outside the window following her, and she got in her car and zipped off," New Orleans resident Richard Starr, who was in California with his wife, Katherine, tells PEOPLE.

"She came up the street like a bat out of hell," says Katherine Starr. "She was nailing it. The guy she hit was making a U-turn to get into his parking place." The collision caused the van to spin around in the street and then hit a parked truck, according to the sheriff's report.

"There was smoke everywhere," said Katherine. "Lindsay jumped out and ran to the antique store."

The van driver, whose name has not been released, will "probably be alright, but he's pretty banged up," said Kirk Martin, manager of the Newsroom Cafe, where the driver works.

A witness inside the ER of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center tells PEOPLE that Lohan and her female friend were taken inside a private room at the facility. "She wasn't crying, but she seemed upset. Mad. She wanted to get out of there," he said.

Said another witness: "She was in and out in 45 minutes. She had a couple of scratches on her legs, but she was totally fine. She was wheeling around having fun. Her friend was pushing her through the hallways."

That witness added: "By the time she left, there were six or eight girlfriends with her ... all 19- or 20-year-olds."

A source close to Lohan tells PEOPLE: "She's shaken up. She's rallying her friends around her for support." Lohan's rep, Leslie Sloane, said: "This is another example of the paparazzi endangering citizens, both Ms. Lohan and the other driver involved in the collision. As the matter is still under investigation, we cannot comment further at this time."

This was Lohan's second such paparazzi-related incident. On May 31 she emerged unscathed from a crash in which a photographer was booked on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon after hitting her car while allegedly following her, according to Los Angeles police.

Lohan's mother, Dina, said at the time: "I thank God my daughter was able to walk out of the car."

The occurrence also spurred the state of California to enact a law that reins in paparazzi and makes them liable for triple damages to any injured victims. That law takes effect next January.

Wow. Poor Lohan, boo hoo. I'm not evil or without heart, but I think the part about her spinning around the hospital in the wheel chair just shows how "shaken up" she was. I do think paparazzi following too close is just sad, but LiLo likes it. She is a attention w****.

I am glad she is ok. I'm more worried bout the guy in the van :oh:

It really sounds like she was driving recklessly -especially the reports about her stereo still blasting *after* the crash.

In order to be chased, you have to run. And these photographers weren't trying to kill her, or rob her, they were trying to take her picture.

While everyone deserves their privacy, everyone also deserves the right to drive on a road without dangerous car chases. This isn't Grand Theft Auto, it's real life. Lindsey needs to slow down, turn the music down, and be respectful of other people's safety. The exact same thing goes for whatever rag reporter is chasing her.

With that said, I think it's awesome that she was able to walk away from the crash after totaling her car. I am very happy that our cars are safe enough to withstand these types of crashes.

Here's another story about her.

LOHAN BARES ALL FOR VANITY FAIR

LINDSAY LOHAN is set to bare all for an upcoming VANITY FAIR cover. .

The 19-year-old MEAN GIRLS star, who has been the subject of weightloss shock stories in the US media for the past year, is keen to show off her healthy figure - and she has chosen to get naked for the style magazine. .

According to America's In Touch magazine, Lohan shot the top secret cover photo on a beach in Malibu, California last week (21SEP05) - and it was actually her idea to pose naked. .
A source says, "It was Paris Hilton's recent Vanity Fair cover, where she's topless and covering her breasts with her arms, that inspired Lindsay to push the envelope even further." :amuse:

In some of the Vanity Fair photos, Lindsay mimics her idol, MARILYN MONROE. :love:

lexigirl16 said:
In some of the Vanity Fair photos, Lindsay mimics her idol, MARILYN MONROE. :love:
Marilyn Monroe looked great onscreen, but was a mess in real life. Now all Lindsay needs to do is cover up those freckles she wrecked her skin trying to bleach out, and then maybe she won't look like she's 65 in all her pictures.

I'm really getting tired of all these young starlets professing their love and admiration of Marilyn. I think she was amazing, but people need to stop trying to emulate her because they can't even come close.

It's almost as annoying as the fasincation with James Dean and all the young actors wanting to be him. If either of them has not died so young and needlessly, not many in our generation would care who they are.

I feel sorry for the guy driving the van...sheesh Lohan!!!

About the VF Mag, I think she's just trying to out do Paris. Didn't she do something similiar for W mag a while ago? But she had pants, and only with her arms around her chest.

If that's true, I think Karl needs to take a break from his horse-piss diet...it's affecting his judgement. Lindsay's cute and all, but I don't think she has that "classy" image that usually defines Chanel. Selma Blair I'm still on the fence about.

pseub said:
If that's true, I think Karl needs to take a break from his horse-piss diet...it's affecting his judgement. Lindsay's cute and all, but I don't think she has that "classy" image that usually defines Chanel. Selma Blair I'm still on the fence about.
What's worse Lohan for Chanel or Lil' Kim for Vuitton?

I know they are trying to get younger people to notice their brand and become long-term buyers. But c'mon - there are plenty of younger faces who are more appropriate.

chemlex said:

Was she ever an official model for Vuitton, or did she just take this picture for fun? I'm not sure.

she was never a model, that's a Dave LaChapelle (love him) photo that i think appeared in a magazine. it was just for fun.