Limiting signature size?

1. Neiman Marcus Gift Card Event Earn up to a $500 gift card with regular-price purchase with code NMSHOP - Click or tap to check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Lately I've been annoyed by having to scroll through tons of signatures that hasen't got anything to do with the thread. It's not really such a big deal yet, but it's particularly troublesome when using a laptop and other smaller screens. Perhaps there could be a (physical) size limit on the signatures? Is it ok to let them know, or maybe alert a moderator? I don't want to ruin the wonderful mood of tPF, but sometimes this bothers me. >_<

2. I know what you mean! :yes: Some take up a whole page or almost...

But I guess it's just part of their 'identity.'

3. Well you can always disable the "show signature" option in your control panel. It can be found under control panel->edit options. I have that particular function turned off, because, personally, I hate sigs.

4. i know what you mean, also hate it. i do like sigs but not when they are huge...

5. We had the font size limited for a while, and Vlad can enable that again- but I will ask about limiting a grafic size. I know what you all mean :yes:

6. I don't want to turn off other people's siggys because often there's info I like to know, like teh pregnancy or weight loss tickers.
    Also, I like to see the fun quotes people find.
    but I LOATHE the massive photos and graphics, they're too distracting IMO.
    I usually notify Vlad when I see one that seems too big, you could always report a post frlom a person w/ a big siggy, we read the comments made for why teh post was reported.

7. I agree. Some of the pics in people's sigs are massive. It's incredibly annoying. It must be a nightmare for people on dial-up.

8. ^^ ITA. I love the personal stamp of autosigs but I don't like scrolling through ginormous photos and graphics. You can always post a link to more pics, no?

9. ^^I would hate for something that drastic happen. Putting th keychain pic in my signature, really get the word out about them...

I guess I just don't get that worked up, to me it's just not that hard to scroll even when I am on my SKIII.

10. no, no one is suggesting Vlad turn off siggys.
    The poster was suggesting that if it bothers a member, they can turn off siggys for their own viewing.
    KWIM?

11. I'll ask Vlad if there can be a way to allow images only to be a certain size :yes:

12. Thanks, Megs. :tup:

(hehee, first time I get to use that smiley).

13. Definitely agree! There are a few users here that have insanely huge signatures...

14. There's a member on here now who has a signature picture that's 800x600 pictures. I don't want to name names, but it's awfully annoying to have 3/4 of your screen taken up just by this person's signature. Search around the LV forum - you'll see what I'm talkinga bout...

15. Just Pm us who it is :yes: We will take it down... that is over powering for sure