... Limited edition scarves for Chicago and NYC

I looked at the link to the Madison Avenue scarf on ebay and saw that a King's ransom was being asked....did someone say that you could call the Madison Store and order it or was it limited to 150 as it stated on ebay.

Thanks

I spoke to an SA and ordered one late last week and she said all colors were available and did not mention that the numbers were limited in any way. In fact, I have heard that they intend to produce them as long as the orders are coming in. I have not heard anyone mention limited numbers (except this auction) and I know many people who have talked to the boutique and placed orders. That said, I have not specifically questioned anyone at H about the numbers that are potentially available. Bottom line, I think the 150 number is not accurate. I assumed it was used to create artificial demand to sell this scarf, available in the boutique, for such a high price!:tdown:

If it was limited to 150 it would be sold out by now just from all the tPF members buying them!! :P

LOL - I was thinking the same thing. I know so many H scarfies (TPFers and non-TPFers), many of whom ordered at least one, several of whom got all 4!! I'm thrilled they don't seem to have limited the numbers - or I may have been too late with my order!!:yahoo:

LOL - I was thinking the same thing. I know so many H scarfies (TPFers and non-TPFers), many of whom ordered at least one, several of whom got all 4!! I'm thrilled they don't seem to have limited the numbers - or I may have been too late with my order!!:yahoo:

Usually when Hermes offers a special issue, it is limited. However, limited may have more than one definition- ie., the total number may be limited to a certain quantity (say, 150 as mentioned in the auction in question) or it may be offered for a limited time like the Cirque Molier GM c/s shawl a few seasons back. In any case, if anyone is considering this scarf, it probably is better to buy sooner than later and not be disappointed that the colorway you want is gone.

I saw the recent ebay auction and I can only surmise it went to an international buyer since the Madison Avenue store may not ship outside the US and Canada.

I saw the recent ebay auction and I can only surmise it went to an international buyer since the Madison Avenue store may not ship outside the US and Canada.[/QUOTE]

Madison will certainly ship to the UK, but I am told the courier costs are horrendous. There is also the VAT to consider when the goodies arrive.

I was going to pass on this scarf until I saw this photo...imagine this with a white crisp shirt and indigo jeans.
Thanks for posting picture

love the overall black theme, but the yellowish print of the horse and reds on the ladies, just pop when u wear it. This will be very beautiful as a scarf belt too:biggrin:

Thanks Cayenne, any chance of a picture of the red colorway? And go for the bougainvillea, it's unusual and goes with a surprising number of things! ;)

Here is my Madison Ave scarf in red! Thanks for letting me share! :biggrin:

MadisonAvescarf.jpg

I just got a chance to visit Madison today (still in recovery), I got the black CW, they had purple, brown, and 1 more CW a can't remember (not red) in stock...

I just got a chance to visit Madison today (still in recovery), I got the black CW, they had purple, brown, and 1 more CW a can't remember (not red) in stock...

I was there today around 12:30. I kept looking around for anyone I knew but didn't see anyone. :search:

I didn't know you are recovering from something - I hope it's not serious and you are better soon. :flowers:

^^ I must have been there right after... I'm so sorry I missed you! My two favorite SAs have left for the Hamptons so this is going to be a weird few months for me...

I had my gall bladder removed on Monday, today was my 1st day really leaving the house. I feel pretty good, but trying to take it easy and let myself recover.... I should be good as new (minus 1 gall bladder) soon, thanks!