Limit on the amount of listings? :(

Jul 12, 2007
Ok, so I started listing like a dozen items in the past week after finally telling myself I need to get rid of some stuff. I go to add a detail to one of my listings and it says that they have put a limit on how many items I can sell/list in a week. I think this is totally ridiculous because i've already sold like 75 items on eBay and have never gotten a negative or neutral feedback.

Has anyone else had this problem?

ebay even limits me from revising my listings even though its my first time revising the item. bleh. says i dont have a good paypal history even though my feedback is good. i dont get it either. theyre just weird and dictating their weird rules on us.

I've found they only place these restrictions when selling higher end bags. If I sell Chanel, I can only list 2 or 3. Other handbags, I can list dozens.

I was reading a thread yesterday about there "limits" I was getting ready to post several bags that I need to get rid of and was wondering if there was some sort of master list of their "limits" and/or their criteria? Or is it just whatever strikes their fancy at any given time?

^same here...and I emailed them about it, and then they removed the limit for me.
I wrote to Trust & Safety begging for the limit to be increased, so I could list 2 more items. A month later, after I waited 1 week to sell the remaining items, I received a response telling me that my limit had been increased. I felt funny, and was certainly not impressed. You see, I do not sell often on eBay. Only when I clean out my closet once in a while do I find things to sell. The limit increase is, in a way, useless.:shrugs:

I've found they only place these restrictions when selling higher end bags. If I sell Chanel, I can only list 2 or 3. Other handbags, I can list dozens.

Yeah, I thought they only did it then too but I had only listed 2 bags, a Fendi and a Dooney and Bourke ( not really expensive bags) and the rest of my stuff was like a Dior watch and sunglasses and some other designer clothing. I mean, it really looked like a closet clean-out, lol.

Yeah, I thought they only did it then too but I had only listed 2 bags, a Fendi and a Dooney and Bourke ( not really expensive bags) and the rest of my stuff was like a Dior watch and sunglasses and some other designer clothing. I mean, it really looked like a closet clean-out, lol.

I know that Dooney & Bourke counts as one of the "limited" categories. I don't think it matters if the item is expensive or not, just that it may be an item that has been counterfeited over the years. It would seem that your personal eBay history would count for something, but I still have limits, and I have over 600 feedbacks, 100%. Don't feel like you are being targeted. It happens to all of us. Does anyone remember Christmas of 2006 when they limited anything with "Coach" in the title? They even removed a decorative coach and horses! :lol: