Lily v Hill and Friends Happy Chain medium bag

Dec 27, 2007
i know there has been some talk already about Hill and Friends bags but I've just seen one on eBay (Cookie dough) colour.
It does look good quality... do you think it's better than a lily?

Ellie87

Jul 16, 2013
i know there has been some talk already about Hill and Friends bags but I've just seen one on eBay (Cookie dough) colour.
It does look good quality... do you think it's better than a lily?
I think the leather is meant to be lovely, I just can't get over the smiley face logo though? They do have a cute pink/oxblood one on sale on their own website just now. I like that they have a thicker chain - which is my only complaint about the lily (I own 2), it can be uncomfortable when you have loaded up the bag. If you're looking for something similar, the Aspinal lottie bag is really nice. Lovely leather, lower price point, more structured and with a slightly thicker chain too. :smile:

Ellie87

Jul 16, 2013
IMG_5516.JPG

Aspinal lottie is on the left :smile: Size is about the same as the reg lily, slightly taller than a Chanel mini. Xx

Reactions: -S-

Pessie

has left tpf
Jan 14, 2015
@Mayfly285 bought one and reviewed it here, I remember she was very happy with it. If you search you should find her posts.

Mayfly285

Sep 19, 2012
Derbyshire
@Mayfly285 bought one and reviewed it here, I remember she was very happy with it. If you search you should find her posts.
I did indeed, dear Pessie, although she wasn't the chain bag and I returned her.

I couldn't fault the workmanship - absolutely gorgeous hair calf and suede - but I couldn't get past the smiley face. It just felt too young for me (50+) and so, reluctantly, I returned her ...
IMG_1482064621.603872.jpg

Reactions: -S-

Mayfly285

Sep 19, 2012
Derbyshire
I think the leather is meant to be lovely, I just can't get over the smiley face logo though? They do have a cute pink/oxblood one on sale on their own website just now. I like that they have a thicker chain - which is my only complaint about the lily (I own 2), it can be uncomfortable when you have loaded up the bag. If you're looking for something similar, the Aspinal lottie bag is really nice. Lovely leather, lower price point, more structured and with a slightly thicker chain too. :smile:
Hi Ellie

I can absolutely recommend the quality of Emma Hill's new brand but I couldn't live with the smiley face. If you can, then you won't regret your purchase!

Pessie

has left tpf
Jan 14, 2015
I did indeed, dear Pessie, although she wasn't the chain bag and I returned her.

I couldn't fault the workmanship - absolutely gorgeous hair calf and suede - but I couldn't get past the smiley face. It just felt too young for me (50+) and so, reluctantly, I returned her ...
View attachment 3551107
I remember now :smile: no, I'm not keen on the smiley lock either

NY2005

May 11, 2014
I absolutely agree, great looking bag but winky lock too cutesy. There always seems to be some on the outnet.com and very often they have even further discount. Pretty much every Weekend there is further discount on an already discounted price,,it's just pot luck what's further reduced. So if u do fancy a try maybe check regularly to see what's on offer. For me even with large discount the winky lock puts me off even though I agree with mayfly that the quality appears to be great. I think if you want a lily, in my experience, get a lily. Second options rarely scratch the itch.