Lily or a Small Bayswater satchel?

Ruxby

May 31, 2013
Hi ladies and gents. I can't decide which one to buy as a Christmas present for my mom. Please help me decide which one to buy. Here are some characteristics that I'm looking for in the bag

My mom is petite, 5' 3", 125 lbs
She doesn't like heavy bags
She likes to carry her bag on the crook of her arm and also crossbody
She carry only a few things in her bag
Her current favorite bag right now is a small Bottega Veneta hobo/shoulder bag

Thank You so much and Happy Holidays!

So after some thought and also thank you to shoesx3 input, I have decided to get the small bayswater satchel for my mom. The Mulberry sa who assisted me texted me a photo. However, it appears smaller than a photo of a model carrying a small bayswater satchel that I googled. Is the model carrying a different size?
2yvly5y.jpg

2u79iko.jpg

You should find the measurements on the website.
However, for an everyday bag I would take the Small Bayswater Satchel.
It's very functional, can by carried different ways (on the crock of the arm as well).
I just love mine an can only recommend this bag!
Good luck with your purchase, I hope your mum will be happy with her new bag :smile: !

Thats a good choice for everyday bag like gringach said. Alot of people are surprised it is smaller in real life than they thought itd be but you can actually fit a lot of things in there. The photo is definitely of the bag.

SBs is a perfect everyday bag, not too big and and not too small. But if your mum wants/needs and evening bag, lily is a better option

I travel light and SBs holds a full size wallet, cosmetic purse, keys, phones, compact umbrella and room for more. The opening means easy access

The SA pic makes the bag appear small, it's a fab and useful bag, what a lucky mum whatever you choose

IMG_1482011033.738850.jpg

As you can see, regular lily doesn't hold so much

IMG_1482010767.242572.jpg

Reactions: marceylove
Thank You for the advice Louliu. The photos helped a lot. Your black small bayswater satchel is pretty.

2iw6kw5.jpg

Just picked up miss sbs from the ups pick up facility. She arrived from nyc and we are taking the bus around chitown

We passed by this holiday market on our way to my fave Japanese restaurant
or7yvo.jpg

2qdztzn.jpg

This fried oyster-curry rice plate surely hit the spot and perfect for a very cold evening

dfbe9.jpg

We were greeted by this beautiful tree as we enter the ice cream parlor

detjcn.jpg

Chocolate ice cream with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. A perfect way to end the night with the arrival of miss sbs.

Last edited:
Thank You for the advice Louliu. The photos helped a lot. Your black small bayswater satchel is pretty.

2iw6kw5.jpg

Just picked up miss sbs from the ups pick up facility. She arrived from nyc and we are taking the bus around chitown

We passed by this holiday market on our way to my fave Japanese restaurant
or7yvo.jpg

Thanks and you are welcome, I should use her more often. Wait till your mum opens the parcel, the lovely leather smell will hit her first [emoji7] lovely pics