Lilac vs Purple

bagpunk

Oct 31, 2006
The dilemmas and internal turmoils continues. From one agony to another. The delicious torment of CL prevails...

Now. Since the consensus was that purple and lilac is a tad too close. I thought one in declic and one in VP is a good solution.

So I am wait-listed for a purple declic in Hong Kong (thanks to a fellow tPFer!).

And now I am wondering, is there a lilac VP out there?

Or, if there is a purple VP somewhere, then I'll go after the lilac declic.

Anybody know?

Oh, can anyone say if the purple or the lilac is a more appealing colour for you and why?

I am looking for a colour which pops but not harsh. Soft but intense at the same time. I have no idea if I am making sense here....

I'd LOVE to have a pair of lilac Declics but purple would be nice too. I like the fuchsia VPs, they are fun, too bad my husband disagrees LOL.

I like the purple better than the lilac, but it is definitely a pastel and is too light for my skin tone imo. Depending on what you want to spend, you could consider special ordering the vp's in purple suede from a boutique. I saw a CL shoe in a rich purple suede at NM a couple of days ago (I can't recall the style, but it had a topknot like a lady gres, but the sole & rest of the shoe was different). I loved the color and just wished it came in a VP or declic.

I tried some purple VPs today....they don't look so good on me. Even my husband admitted the fuchsia looked much better LOL. So, I think if I get the Declics, I might get them in lilac.....if I can find them.

ah that is a good point: skin tone! i have no idea which will works better for my skin tone. i mean, there are occasions in the past where i thought one colour will good on me and shy away from another, when i tried them on, it was the other colour that looked good on me!

i have a light skin tone. certain colours can really make me look washed out. one lilac lipstick made my face looked black and blue! :nuts: i kid you not! i was so shocked and from then onwards i took skin tone matching seriously!

so far, for clothing anyway, fuchsia, magenta, turquoise, and some shade of peach tend to work well for my skin tone. and funny enough, champagne (light gold) for some shoes (although this is not my favourite colour for shoes)