Lilac Soho Hobo - Disappointed

sunsets

Jul 12, 2006
I received the lilac soho hobo, and I'm really disappointed. I thought the lilac color would be uniform in color all over, but it's not. It's hard to tell from the pics, but they are darker IRL and all over the bag.

Attachments

• DSCN0550.jpg
    DSCN0550.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCN0551.jpg
    DSCN0551.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 186
I can kind of see what you're talking about in the pics and I understand why you're disappointed. So sorry it didn't turn out to be everything you wanted. Are you going to try to exchange it for a different one or just get a different bag altogether?

:wtf: Oh wow, I can really tell a difference from your pictures to the ones in the catalog/website. I have to say, I was semi considering this hobo, but after seeing your pics, I think its definately out...

Darn... I guess that means I am back to looking at the lilac bbags. I would say, if you are not in love with it, return it and get something that you will :heart: to use.

i saw that bag today and actually had that sorta in the back of my mind of bags to get...but the color is quite dull in person. i didn't notice the color variations (didn't bother looking closer).

so sorry you were disappointed! that sucks!

Thanks everyone. I bought it specifically to go with my lilac tote I bought at an outlet last year. They were going to be my traveling bags.

I already have it packed up and ready to send back on Monday. I don't know what to put for the reason code, since I don't know if it's supposed to look like that or not.

I've been wanting the Hamptons pebbled leather satchel in camel and was thinking about exchanging the lilac hobo for that. I know I would owe Coach some more for that. But, I'm afraid it might be the same way. I might get the Hamptons signature satchel in khaki instead or some other things. I wish the Coach store wasn't so far away, 5 hours. It would be so much easier.

I did also receive the light blue signature hobo, and I'm happy with that. I'm trying to get a picture of it and some other things I've bought the past few months. I keep having too much glare.

The dye does that on the doe bags too. If you like the color I would go to the coach store and make them unwrap every one until you are happy. I drove the s/a crazy but made her do that last fall.

Yes, I'm returning it. I can't take it back to a store because it's too far from me. I ordered it from the web site and will send it back there.

I looked at it in the catalog and now can see the discoloration. Hitting my head against the wall for not noticing it before.

^yes there is discoloration a bit because i have a sinking feeling the material is a vintage leather..ugh..will check for sure, but it has been flying off our displays. we're down to one of each- the hobo, small hobo, and small flap in Lilac.

i'm sorry it didn't work out for you sunset! the thing about coach leather is is if it's not nappa, but some vintage type sometimes there will be 'discoloration' that varies from bags to bags.

if you brought it from a store you could be like any other customer, and pick out of the group we'd have (unless it's sold out) but yeah, maybe they'll open a coach store near you soon? :flowers:

I went in for this bag specifically when they did the new floorset and was really disappointed with the discoloration all over it and the color. I thought it would be deeper. That's how I ended up ordering the new scribble bag last Friday. Even my husband said, "oh I'm sure it just got dirty", but it had only been hanging there 4 hours. So it has to be some type of discoloration.:shrugs:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that didn't like the dark "dirty" patches on it.