lilac s/s city 06

I am not sure that 'buy one in a shop' is always the best solution. I bought my SS08 Electric Blue RH City at Harrods and it turned out to be really dire quality. The leather is soft and smooshy but weak, the dye fades, the sealant on the edges is brittle and is coming off and the roping of the handles has both faded and frayed.

You could try getting a second hand older bag that had been looked after better than the one you are considering now. I do believe that the older bags were better made.

Yep. I think I've heard that before somewhere about the older bags. I somehow prefer them to the new ones, as said. I just started to look for a second hand one. Guess I must be patient. I really do not mind a second hand one, good condition and reasonable price :smile: (btw does harrods have sale on balenciagas?)

I have to show you this Lilac First that I was drooling over a while back. I didn't get it ... I wish I had but just to show you how gorgeous Lilac can be (that's right, I kept the pic to torture myself).

attachment.php

Attachments

• lilacfirst.jpg
    lilacfirst.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Livia1 - i saw that gorgeous bag on realdealcollection as well and had to stop myself from buying it!

lilac is an absolutely gorgeous color, and whereas 430 euros is not much at all for a balenciaga, the one you showed looks very used! you don't necessarily have to settle for a new bag - if you want that color, wait around. there will always be a couple floating around on ebay, realdealcollection or various other websites. be sure to check the shopping section! :smile:

Thanks livia1 for showing me that lovely lilac one. I hope to come across another great
color or even that lilac shade.

Jovena: i was thinking about summer/winter sales. So thanks.

Balmained: i will keep my eyes open. All help is appreciated :smile:

Lisie-I have a bag in 06 lilac. It was my first bal, so I keep her but she looks awful. She's faded to an even more grayish color than the one you posted and I only used the bag for about four months off and on. Obviously stay away from this one, but I'd consider getting a slightly darker color instead to avoid the fading.

Lisie-I have a bag in 06 lilac. It was my first bal, so I keep her but she looks awful. She's faded to an even more grayish color than the one you posted and I only used the bag for about four months off and on. Obviously stay away from this one, but I'd consider getting a slightly darker color instead to avoid the fading.

That's good to know, Ahertz. Sad though!

I have to show you this Lilac First that I was drooling over a while back. I didn't get it ... I wish I had but just to show you how gorgeous Lilac can be (that's right, I kept the pic to torture myself).

attachment.php

if I am correct thats an 04 lilac and not an 06 lilac =)
Her offered bbag was an 06 but looks now a bit like a faded 04 imo.
I personally prefer colorwise the 06 lilac over the 04, but of course in a good condition only.

Lisie, I would wait for another bag in used but good condition!
430 euro is way too much for that old used bag (poor bag).

So I let it go.
Hm confusing with all these lilac shades, hehe. Maybe the seller was wrong and its a 04 lilac? If the colour faded a lot maybe... but whatever.

BHMommy: that lilac club is awesome! too many lovely bags in that shade :smile:

Oh, sorry about the mistake!

Lisie, sorry that you had to let it go but I think you would have been very dissapointed with that bag. I hope you find another one soon!

Oh, sorry about the mistake!

Lisie, sorry that you had to let it go but I think you would have been very dissapointed with that bag. I hope you find another one soon!

Well, hope so too!
I wonder why some people just can't look after their bags... Every single one is precious for me :smile: