lilac s/s city 06

Lisie

O.G.
Dec 10, 2006
I was wondering what you guys think about the lilac city 06. I was offered to buy one for a good price but I am not sure.
Some helps please as I am mostly worried that it won't go with many things.
:smile:

Attachments

• bag1.JPG
    bag1.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 194
  • bag2.JPG
    bag2.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

livy1888

Ollie
O.G.
Apr 22, 2008
Well I think 06 Lilac is wonderful color! It's quite neutral and subtle, will definitely match a lot of clothings. Here's a picture of Michelle Trachtenberg with her GORGEOUS 06 Lilac City:

MichelleTrachtenbergh_lil06.jpg

Jul 13, 2007
Lilac 06 is really beautiful, when I first got interested in bbags a lilac twiggy or city was for a long time on my wishlist but I never got to own one.
If you don't mind the used status of the bag I would grab her =)
Maybe you can clean/condition her a bit once you got her!

aah du bist auch eine Österreicherin, cool, gibt zu wenig hier finde ich! :smile:

Livia1

O.G.
Jun 7, 2008
I think 06 Lilac is absolutely gorgeous! That said, I agree with the other ladies who said that this one does look quite used. But as Pinkisweets mentioned, you might be able to clean it up nicely.

LostInBal

in Bal_derland
O.G.
Jun 17, 2008
I would let this bag go... poor baby, she´s so damaged and what is the worst, faded... IMO there´s is nothing you can do yourself to bring it back to life. How can some people be so destroyer with their bags??:wtf::shrugs:

Last edited:

gillianna

O.G.
Dec 27, 2005
The bag looks really dirty and that is just the outside, I wonder if the inside is just as bad if not worse. I would pass and get a bag in better condition. I would personally feel dirty carrying such a abused bag but that is just me. If you buy it and you hate it then you are stuck with wasting money. If someone lets a bag get in such bad condition then this is not the type of person you really want to buy a bag from.

Jenova

Jul 15, 2007
I love my Lilac 06 City and it does work with most clothes and situations. Mine is clean and in good condition but has faded a little bit and this has removed some of the purple from the dye leaving the leather a bit duller and greyer looking. I like that effect - it is subtle and elegant.

I also have a much more faded, stretched and rather grubby third hand Lilac 06 Day, perhaps a bit like the bag in your pics. I enjoy using that one too but it certainly isn't smart any more. I wear it to mess about on the beach or at car boot sales etc.

To sum up I would buy the bag only if you don't mind the heavily used condition but I wouldn't pay the seller too much for it (certainly not a premium collector's price).

Lisie

O.G.
Dec 10, 2006
Hey ladies. Thanks for all your opinions. it seems that more of you are against that bag due to its condition. That's why I asked you here because as I've never seen that colour irl yet, I didn't know how it should look. When compared it really looks used. I could get it for 570 usd/430 Euros.
I guess I better wait for another one then.

Attachments

• bag5.JPG
    bag5.JPG
    1.9 KB · Views: 289
  • bag6.JPG
    bag6.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 75
  • bag7.JPG
    bag7.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Jenova

Jul 15, 2007
It seems quite a lot to me. But on the other hand, I just got my ruined Lilac 06 Day out. I looked at its dirty tassels and darkened handle and felt grim. I put my stuff in it and slung it over my shoulder. Suddenly I was the queen of the world. It really is a super soft chic bag and we are going out together tomorrow.

Lisie

O.G.
Dec 10, 2006
It seems quite a lot to me. But on the other hand, I just got my ruined Lilac 06 Day out. I looked at its dirty tassels and darkened handle and felt grim. I put my stuff in it and slung it over my shoulder. Suddenly I was the queen of the world. It really is a super soft chic bag and we are going out together tomorrow.

well yes I guess I'd love that bag too, but I thought rather pay a bit more and get one in good condition.hm. best option buy one at a shop but I'm somehow not fond of the new collection.

Jenova

Jul 15, 2007
I am not sure that 'buy one in a shop' is always the best solution. I bought my SS08 Electric Blue RH City at Harrods and it turned out to be really dire quality. The leather is soft and smooshy but weak, the dye fades, the sealant on the edges is brittle and is coming off and the roping of the handles has both faded and frayed.

You could try getting a second hand older bag that had been looked after better than the one you are considering now. I do believe that the older bags were better made.