Like Two Peas In A Pod--Twice As Nice! Platino Ossidato Cabat Twins

blueiris

O.G.
May 11, 2008
What happens when two friends, who met on the BV forum, strike up a conversation about their individual quests for a new BV for spring and summer?

They discover that they seem to have very similar taste in bags! :smile: They each had been exploring their fascinations with a certain BV style, in the same color but different sizes...

...and after much deliberation, each helping the other with photos and opinions, they concluded that it was their destiny to be bag fraternal twins! :ghi5:

Here are the twins, born only a few days apart...

blueiris

O.G.
May 11, 2008
This twin was born in Hawai'i :sunshine:!
-small platino ossidato Cabat-

attachment.php

Here's a photo showing the color of the BV plate in comparison to the leather color (these photos were taken in daylight indoors).

attachment.php

-my lovely Cabat, in a relaxed pose on the sofa-

attachment.php

:nuts:

Attachments

• daylight1668-wm.JPG
    daylight1668-wm.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 552
  • daylight-pouch1671-wm.JPG
    daylight-pouch1671-wm.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 578
  • sofa1654-wm.JPG
    sofa1654-wm.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 597

goldenflower

Jan 28, 2008
And ... this twin was born in Chicago!

Medium Platino Ossidato Cabat

Indoors, with flash (showing off her golden beauty!)

IMG_3879-1.jpg

Indoors, without flash

IMG_3880-1.jpg

Outdoors, without flash

IMG_3889-1.jpg

Outdoors, in sun

IMG_3891-1.jpg

Outdoors, full sun

IMG_3894-1.jpg

It has been a lot of fun talking with blueiris during our mutual decision-making to get these Cabats!

prestwick

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
OMG- CONGRATULATIONS...They are both stunners....I know, blueiris, that you have been searching for a bag for quite some time, and you held out for the best!!! I am loving it!! Use her well , and in good health..And, goldenflower, yours is amazing, and a nice balance to your other pieces...I have been thinking of you for some time ( althought I haven't written, as I have been going through some health issues with my mom), and I am hoping that your daughter is coming along well and feeling better and is up and around..Ladies, I hope these bags make you "smile" ... I just have to go back to the pictures and hope I don't drool all over the keyboard...and maybe I will have to pay a visit to the BV near me and inspect.. hmmm...I am assuming that these are still in stock and not SO's..You will never get tired of these bags..ENJOY..simply "eye candy".

kroquet

Sep 18, 2007
This is the best reveal I have ever had the pleasure of seeing! Congrats to you both and lovely pics!! How special to have twins!!!

Seriously, this just made my day!!!:flowers::drool::drool: over the bags, just magnificient. Everytime I see the woven leather, my heart skips a beat.

goldenflower

Jan 28, 2008
Thank you, MNS and prestwick! These bags certainly do make us smile. I told blueiris that every time I walk by and see mine sitting on the dining table, I smile. :sunshine:

MNS, You are so right! think I can safely speak for blueiris in saying that both of us do look at these as forever bags. We've discussed how the amazing PO color goes with virtually everything and how durable the leather is on these bags.

prestwick, both were "in stock" bags so do take a look at your boutique! blueiris's bag came from Hawaii since it's a small Cabat and mine came from Chicago. I had my SA check and at the time I purchased mine there were approximately 20 size medium PO Cabats left in the company. I also had the large PO Cabat here (to see which size I preferred), in case you'd be considering that size, so I know there's at least one of those available too.

I'm very sorry to read about your mom's health problems. :hugs: Thank you for asking about my daughter; she is nearing the end of her second-to-last chemo treatment. One more after this!

blueiris

O.G.
May 11, 2008
Thanks, MNS, prestwick, and kroquet! I've already carried mine several times, and it's really terrific. It feels so durable--no need to baby this baby! It seems to go with everything, too. I've been shy about metallics--this is my first, and I love that it's fairly low-watt as these things go.

Prestwick, as goldenflower mentioned, these were in-stock bags. Bryan helped me with mine, and he mentioned that there were some of the small size available in Hawai'i, in case that is the size that interests you. Hugs to you and your mom, too.

I consulted a few other terrific forum members about their own feedback about this bag before I took the plunge--you all know who you are! Your bags inspired me. I couldn't get it out of my head after seeing this color in person during my London trip!

Thanks, ReRe!!

goldenflower

Jan 28, 2008
Oops! :shame:

I think I may have incorrectly stated the quantity of medium PO Cabats left (blueiris will remember correctly what I told her, I hope!) and there were something like 8 medium PO Cabats left, not 20.

Thank you, ReRe!