Lightweight Leather Handbag?

lisacas1

Sep 20, 2008
Katy, TX
Hi! My mother is wanting a leather handbag for Christmas. She's not a "handbag" person but I wanted to get a nice a designer real leather bag. She insists it be lightweight.

Any suggestions on designers/brands that produce lightweight real leather handbags? I've looked at Junior Drake, but some of the bags prices are a little higher than budgeted or too much flash going on (for her taste).

I wanted to give her a Bulga handbag but their leather can be a bit heavy. LV has some nice light leather totes, but trying to find a bag less inexpensive.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

azsun

joie de vivre
O.G.
Sep 8, 2008
Greensboro, NC
Sorial....I have the gathered hobo in Steel Grey and LOVE it. Lightweight leather and holds a ton. I got mine from bluefly, but they are out of the steel grey. Last I checked there was a grey on ebay tho.

Feb 12, 2010
NYC
Hi! My mother is wanting a leather handbag for Christmas. She's not a "handbag" person but I wanted to get a nice a designer real leather bag. She insists it be lightweight.

Any suggestions on designers/brands that produce lightweight real leather handbags? I've looked at Junior Drake, but some of the bags prices are a little higher than budgeted or too much flash going on (for her taste).

I wanted to give her a Bulga handbag but their leather can be a bit heavy. LV has some nice light leather totes, but trying to find a bag less inexpensive.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
...less inexpensive? So, uh, Hermes. Chanel.

Roxana

♥'s dogs & bags
O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
Europe
I have a leather HYPE bag and it is very light weight with a super comfortable single shoulder strap.

BgaHolic

Emma 4ever in my <3
O.G.
May 23, 2009
NYC
Also check out some Michael Kors bags. Keep an eye open for sales. Some of his bags are lightweight.

elizat

Sep 21, 2007
Not designer, but my mom has the same requirements in a leather bag for being SUPER light and is not a bag person at all. The brand names mean nothing to her. She is always happy with Stone Mountain bags- and the styles are very traditional and many have longer straps (not an 8 or 10 inch drop), which my mom insists on.