lighting for vanity table

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I usually do my makeup in the bathroom with incandescent lighting and a magnifying mirror (not lighted). I have an antique vanity table that I may want to use if we move to a place where I'm sharing a master bath with DH.
If you have a vanity table in the bedroom, what do you do for lighting? Lighted magnifying mirror? One of those mirrors with bulbs all around (wouldn't look right with my vanity)? Some type of overhead lighting?

My favorite mirror is a lighted magnifying mirror I found at Costco for about $20. I bought another for our guest room and people love it. I also have overhead lighting in the bathroom but it creates shadows. As I get older and my eyes get worse, the magnifying mirror is a godsend.

My favorite mirror is a lighted magnifying mirror I found at Costco for about $20. I bought another for our guest room and people love it. I also have overhead lighting in the bathroom but it creates shadows. As I get older and my eyes get worse, the magnifying mirror is a godsend.
my magnifying mirror is lighted too but it's on a battery and I kept forgetting to turn it off so I'm just using it w/o the light
I guess if I moved from bathroom to vanity table, I could try to use it lighted again

I had this lamp on my desk and moved it to the vanity. Haven't tried it yet but it's pretty bright. May work for me. Takes up some space unlike the clamp lights but worth a try.
brushed-nickel-hampton-bay-desk-lamps-af33027ca-64_1000.jpg

so the desk lamp shining on my magnifying mirror gave me more than enough info for doing my eyes. But I overdid my blush - didn't see it until I was out looking in the car mirror. Maybe I still need the clamp lights - or maybe I can try shining the desk lamp toward my vanity mirror.