Home & Garden Lightening up a dark brown (espresso) sectional...

I like #1, 3, & 5. I think the pillows can be any colour as they are accents. If you can return them, then get them and see if you like them at home. Sometimes it's hard to tell as your home will have different lighting than the store.

All of them will work but the orange pillows won't brighten the space as much as they are also rich, warm colors. I think the best are 1-3, light blue with a bit of metallic or shine in general like in 3 should look really nice.

All of them will work but the orange pillows won't brighten the space as much as they are also rich, warm colors. I think the best are 1-3, light blue with a bit of metallic or shine in general like in 3 should look really nice.

Thank you!!!! I love the orange but I also like the one you mentioned, the metallic blue.

I wonder if I can get both since orange and blue are complimentary colors.....hmmmmm...

This design thing is so hard for me!!!!!

Thank you!!!! I love the orange but I also like the one you mentioned, the metallic blue.

I wonder if I can get both since orange and blue are complimentary colors.....hmmmmm...

This design thing is so hard for me!!!!!

I love it, I can and have spent entire days going through designer's instagram feeds from beginning to end. Honestly if it's not something you feel confident about just keep looking at pictures till you find looks you like and just recreate them.

I usually think orange + dark brown leather looks pretty masculine, and thus the opposite of the brightening up idea you are going for. It can be done with a more coral or salmon-toned orange though.

I also like 1, 3 and 5. Are you tying in the colors to anything else in the room?

Not really.

We have a condo, so the furniture and shelves are espresso. I plan to get a cream/beige area rug for our hardwood laminate floor.

The only concern I have is that we have an open concept. The kitchen opens into the living room and one of the kitchen walks is a deep, dark red.

Not really.

We have a condo, so the furniture and shelves are espresso. I plan to get a cream/beige area rug for our hardwood laminate floor.

The only concern I have is that we have an open concept. The kitchen opens into the living room and one of the kitchen walks is a deep, dark red.
I'm no expert but I think you can treat the kitchen and LR separately. On the other hand, if you like red, you could use red pillows on your sofa. Or some combination of red and another color.