Light weight bag for shopping w/ neck pain

LemonDrop

a Fendi bag and a bad attitude
O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
Do you Ladies get neck pain from your bag? It used to take about an hour for me now it seems to hit within 5 minutes. Is it better to carry a bag that hangs low or one that drops right below your underarm? Today I ended up just carrying my bag in my hand which was a big pain!

Does anyone know of a super light weight but nice looking bag? Something for summer, medium size with a price point of around $150 - $200

Do you Ladies get neck pain from your bag? It used to take about an hour for me now it seems to hit within 5 minutes. Is it better to carry a bag that hangs low or one that drops right below your underarm? Today I ended up just carrying my bag in my hand which was a big pain!

Does anyone know of a super light weight but nice looking bag? Something for summer, medium size with a price point of around $150 - $200

I prefer a bag that hangs low. My all time fave shopping/everyday bag is the Longchamp le pliage tote! Its simple yet chic with the soft leather handles that sit comfortably on your shoulders. They got different sizes and yummy colors to suit your taste and needs, super lightweight, and maintenance free.

I had a lot of pain from years of carrying my (very heavy) briefcase on my shoulder. I actually recommend getting a variety of bags and changing things up occasionally. If you use a shoulder bag for a few days, get a cross-body bag, a backpack, and a smaller bag into the mix every few days. Switch arms often (if you can - I'm a perpetual klutz when carrying things with my left shoulder. I think it's a balance thing LOL!).

Think about what you have in your bag and see if you can't possibly either split up the weight (two bags) or leave things behind in the car or at home. I read that your bag and it's contents should not weigh more than 10 lbs.

Some brands:
Tano (crunch leather is very light)

Ani (bags convert from shoulder to messenger style - available only at lunaboston.com, I believe)

Un Apres Midi de Chien (available at unapresmididdechien.com) - Nylon bags that a very nice style-wise, variety of bags (handheld, shoulder, messenger)

etsy.com - fabric bags that won't break the bank but are unique and in many cases, very pretty

I just bought a large Coach Ergo leather tote. It is leather but lightweight. It is not heavy on my shoulder at all and I am carrying around a lot of things these days with 2 babies. Good luck !

WoW~ what super cute bags. I LOVE the Tano bags!!! I soooooo can't wait to get one. I love how they are lightweight AND leather. I love how some are super adjustable. You can hand carry it, have it drop below your shoulder or to your waist and wear it cross body id you wanted. What perfect bags for sore necks and shoulders! thanks sooooo much!

For lightweight bags, you really can't beat lesportsac. They're nylon so they're super lightweight, and they come in such fun patterns. Also, since they're not leather at all, when they get dirty you can just throw it in the washing machine.

I have a couple of bags I use just for shopping because they are lightweight. I have a small lightweight leather crossbody and I also use a shoulder bag made with short strap that sits neatly under my arm so there is no stress on neck. Also a lightweight wallet helps. I have suffered too many times with heavy bags.