Light moisturizer makeup for exercise -BB creme?

I don’t wear makeup unless going out…but my mom *trained* us to always always wear sunscreen. I am super picky with sunscreen though because I hate the pastyness from the zinc(I guess) and the feeling of heaviness that some sunscreens give. These are some of my go-to’s:

Biore UV SPF50+, I use the watery essence one…super light. Discovered during a trip to Japan where I ran out of my sunscreen due to it being super hot and humid so had to go to their pharmacy to try one of their products. This is classic sunscreen, no tint so if i want some tint I mix a bit of my loose finishing powder or just slightly powder my face with a brush(I only use translucent finishing powder, but I supposed if you have loose foundation powder that could work too to add some tint). I like that it just gets absorbed by my skin.

Paula’s Choice Daily Wrinkle Daily Wrinkle Defence SPF30- for those casual days that I want some *tint* coverage.

Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion EX (Korean brand) - nice cause you can build your coverage as needed. I like this but use it more as a foundation with sunscreen.

I’m very prone to breaking out and these 3 products I’ve been using for years and they never gave my skin problems.

Let me know if you need pics of the product and I can take pics.

Reactions: nicole0612
I don’t wear makeup unless going out…but my mom *trained* us to always always wear sunscreen. I am super picky with sunscreen though because I hate the pastyness from the zinc(I guess) and the feeling of heaviness that some sunscreens give. These are some of my go-to’s:

Biore UV SPF50+, I use the watery essence one…super light. Discovered during a trip to Japan where I ran out of my sunscreen due to it being super hot and humid so had to go to their pharmacy to try one of their products. This is classic sunscreen, no tint so if i want some tint I mix a bit of my loose finishing powder or just slightly powder my face with a brush(I only use translucent finishing powder, but I supposed if you have loose foundation powder that could work too to add some tint). I like that it just gets absorbed by my skin.

Paula’s Choice Daily Wrinkle Daily Wrinkle Defence SPF30- for those casual days that I want some *tint* coverage.

Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion EX (Korean brand) - nice cause you can build your coverage as needed. I like this but use it more as a foundation with sunscreen.

I’m very prone to breaking out and these 3 products I’ve been using for years and they never gave my skin problems.

Let me know if you need pics of the product and I can take pics.
Thank you very much. These are great suggestions. Would you mind taking a photo of the Korean brand, since that one might be a little harder to locate? Thanks!

Thank you very much. These are great suggestions. Would you mind taking a photo of the Korean brand, since that one might be a little harder to locate? Thanks!
I’m in Canada and Holt Renfrew carries them. Nordstrom Canada carries other Sulwhasoo products but not the perfecting cushion for some reason. The box also always comes with a refill so price is for 2. If you search for them online US might have more options to get them.

C036572F-39F0-4F5B-80ED-389D08171418.jpeg

Reactions: nicole0612
Her is an update; thanks again for the tips and advice. So far only the Erborian BB creme has arrived, and I like it! This was mentioned in the postings here, but I didn’t truly realize until I started experimenting that these very light BB creams are very similar to primer. The first day I tried it, I put on primer first like I would before I would dot on cover-up, and The BB cream was not even noticeable as far as coverage goes, perhaps a very slight trace of tint. The next day I tried a drugstore BB cream that I had added to my Amazon cart when looking at various options (and apparently my husband ordered it along with some other things he was buying). It was thicker and a little darker than the Eborian, though still sheer, and that’s when the lightbulb went off. When I put it on after the primer it thinned out quite a lot and the coverage was good. Learning from these experiences, on the third day I tried just the Eborian BB creme without primer, and the coverage was perfect!

Her is an update; thanks again for the tips and advice. So far only the Erborian BB creme has arrived, and I like it! This was mentioned in the postings here, but I didn’t truly realize until I started experimenting that these very light BB creams are very similar to primer. The first day I tried it, I put on primer first like I would before I would dot on cover-up, and The BB cream was not even noticeable as far as coverage goes, perhaps a very slight trace of tint. The next day I tried a drugstore BB cream that I had added to my Amazon cart when looking at various options (and apparently my husband ordered it along with some other things he was buying). It was thicker and a little darker than the Eborian, though still sheer, and that’s when the lightbulb went off. When I put it on after the primer it thinned out quite a lot and the coverage was good. Learning from these experiences, on the third day I tried just the Eborian BB creme without primer, and the coverage was perfect!

So may I ask you was the Erborian shade that you chose for a very fair skin shade with pink undertones
or something entirely different?
Can you describe the coverage in the likes of a tinted moisturizer on its own?
I'm looking at the Clair shade which is the lightest but not finding a clear read on the color shade.
Thanks

So may I ask you was the Erborian shade that you chose for a very fair skin shade with pink undertones
I'm looking at the Clair shade which is the lightest but not finding a clear read on the color shade.
Thanks
I chose Clair, since it was the lightest shade, but it goes on very sheer (especially with primer underneath), so that the color is almost irrelevant as long as it is somewhat close to skin tone. The only other similar product I have ever used are dots of coverup, and this does not “cover” anything in comparison, just gives a little color and smoothness (for example, if there is a area that is a little more red or has freckles, it would make it a little less noticeable, but not cover it). I have never used a tinted moisturizer before, but if I did not know that this was a “BB creme”, I would assume it was some type of lightly tinted moisturize or primer, so they must be fairly similar. Once I have more to compare with it, I will report back. Likely others can give a better explanation, since I am so new to makeup and don’t really understand the different product categories.

Thanks
Here are some photos.
1) wrist (not sure why my veins are so prominent today, but it assists with the demonstration).
2) wrist + dot of Eborian in the Clair shade (lightest option, but darker than my skin tone).
3) lightly spread out on my wrist- color is sheer so color does not show much, just a slight smoothing effect. It is perfect for my face, since I wanted very light coverage, but a noticeable smoothing out.

I love the Eborian! This is exactly what I was looking for. It works like a very light/sheer coverup, does not feel noticeable on the skin at all, but provides a light smoothing and color balancing effect on the skin. Thank you for the recommendations! There are a couple others coming in the mail, but the shipping time was up to 14 business days, so I will update if I find any new preference when the others arrive.

3D25A99B-FA48-40D0-85F8-3CE9A23D885A.jpeg

81D3A9A4-B700-45CE-8DB0-7C1974528542.jpeg

76FF975C-0844-4A99-8181-624D7098AE2C.jpeg

You’re welcome! Korean bb creams are great for everyday wear because it’s so lightweight and some have spf! Some are also formulated with skincare ingredients.
Thank you! They also are a good match for my skin since there are often more color options (I don't have a tan and most color correctors from USA brands are way too dark on me).