Light Deauville Tote owners please help

Sep 3, 2017
New York, New York
Hello all! I’m seeking some help regarding the deauville. I’ve been back and forth on wanting one and am finally ready to take the plunge on the ivory pearl tote. Can anyone who has purchased this tote or a similar one speak on the wear and tear and what I can use to protect the fabric? I am probably crazy for wanting such a light color but I also have all white sofas with two toddlers and a dog so go figure. Any insight would be appreciated!

69F1C0C2-BDD8-419B-B130-E6196D992375.jpeg

Jun 22, 2008
NYC
I tried on this same Deauville at the boutique last week and fell in love. I didn’t buy it though because I am worried about the wear and tear especially for such a light color! And the fabric seems very sensitive to damage. Would like to know how it’s going for you guys!

Jan 15, 2021
The fabric and color i can see being a hassle.
You’ll start to see the wear and tear first on the chain (theres fabric there) and the bottom of the bag too.
Not to mention the pearls can start to fall and or get snagged on some things.

BrandSnob

May 2, 2014
DC/NYC
I love this bag but haven’t taken the plunge yet Bc of how light it is and because of the pearls. The pearls are my favorite part but knowing Chanel’s decline in quality they will eventually pop off. Idk, I’m still debating Bc it’s so beautiful

Reactions: Ricks Krispies

Classy_Sam

Jul 22, 2014
I bought the 20a black Deauville because I loved it so much. Worn it twice and it sits in my closed because it’s to bulky for me, I can’t even fill half of the bag with stuff and I’m afraid it will wear too much. It does look good in my closet though :biggrin:

vilette21c

O.G.
Jun 23, 2008
I wouldn't get this fabric, this would get dirty easily. It's not the color but the fabric itself that is problematic.