Light colored shoe for fair skin

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've been looking for a light colored patent shoe to go with everything. Is it true that you match the shoe to your skin color? The salesperson suggested that I go with a shade such as CL's nude color (pinkish) versus Jimmy Choo's (brownish). By fair skin, I freckle, burn, and blush easily.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Yes it's true. The closer it is to your skin color, the longer your legs will look in dress and skirts.

3. My nude is a slightly pink nude because I have pink toned skin. I went with a blush color from Miu Miu.

4. Is it this color? http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446361814&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492817499&bmUID=iIbtlZI&ev19=1:16

He suggested this color which looks pinkish: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod107550027&eItemId=prod107550027&cmCat=search&searchType=MAIN&parentId=&icid=&rte=%252Fsearch.jhtml%253FNtt%253Dnude%2526_requestid%253D16899%2526N%253D4294966816

5. CL makes a lighter shade called Milk which may work better than Nude. See post #49 in the Nude CL thread. I have super fair, freckled skin that is a bit pinkish. I tried a pair of CL Triclo's in Nude and the color looked AWFUL against my skin. They are definitely darker than my skin but not dark enough to make a nice contrast - it just seemed like they clashed with my legs. Of course, contrast isn't really what you're going for with nude shoes anyway!

6. Thanks so much for the suggestion! I'm so glad I posted here because I don't really want to take a salesperson's opinion when they're just trying to make a sale. Considering it's hard for me to find shoes that fit my feet right and then to find a perfect nude shoe, this is going to be quite the task! Glad I got some advice before jumping into it!

7. I'm still on the search for the perfect patent nude shoe. What other shoes should I add? I'm thinking:

--classic black kid pump
    --patent black shoe (maybe a close toed sling back with a kitten heel?)
    --chocolate knee high boot
    --neutral ballet flat (perhaps Lanvin?)

I would like to splurge on the necessities and then spend a lot less on trendy ones.

8. A somewhat different opinion -- I'm extremely fair, and CL's nude patent looks terrific on me.

9. ^^I think CL nude looks great with fair skin!

10. Hey all,

I have attached an image of me in nude Shelleys. Do you like the color against my skin? If so, would these be good for a year-round nude shoe or should I get the Simples instead? I had trouble deciding between the two.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

• CL.JPG
      CL.JPG
      File size:
      73.2 KB
      Views:
  11. I don't really like the shoe on me either. I think I chose them because the Simples were too simple :smile: What about the color? Do you think it looks okay if I got the Simples?

They didn't have the BAs at the store but will keep them in mind. Thank you!

12. After more research, it sounds like BAs nude will work well with my skin. Yay! However, my goal is to find a shoe that not only complements my skin tone but is also classic. The shoe is fairly trendy but I don't see it going out of style anytime soon, do you? I'm shooting for three to five years, wearing it only a five times a year or so.