Light-Colored Leather Jackets: What to consider before taking the plunge?

SilverStCloud

Bal Addict
O.G.
Feb 4, 2012
I was very excited yesterday when I found a most gorgeous Massimo Duitti motorcycle leather jacket. It is so beautiful that hubby gave his thumbs-up for the purchase right away.

As the store needs time to bring in their two remaining new pieces for me to choose from, I will be going back next weekend to bring home my new baby.

But now that I've had some time to let reality sink in, I am wondering if a light blush color is the right choice for a leather moto jacket newbie like me.

I did some research this morning and learnt that I need to pay particular attention to the collar which would show up discoloration quite easily, as well as to the shoulders that will stain and show wear from the bag straps. And for those who carry their bags in the nook of their arms, expect those areas to show wear and tear too.

For those who own light-colored leather jackets, can you please share with me some of your experiences and advice on wearing and caring for such am item?

Thank you!

I have a moto jacket in beige and another in white. I treat as light bags and give the once over every few wears with a barley-damp sponge and the tiniest clear or white soap, back to to the sponge and dry off immediately. Both seem OK and I've had them for years. Still, I don't look with a microscope. IMO light-bright colours like lime, yellow or pink look worse love-worn.

Someone can either can cope or not, but I've white suede shearling too. Maybe not something to keep forever but if you get one at a good price and will enjoy wearing why not :cool: