Light colored leather bags...

Trayler

Dreaming in Shoeland
O.G.
Jul 19, 2007
I love them!!!:love:
I have wanted to get a white or cream bag for what seems like forever...then I chicken out.I get scared just imagining all the things that could happen.I have 3 small children and I just can't baby my bags as I should right now.

There is a particular cream colored bag I have been stalking for months and I just found it this morning...I want it but I'm scared! What do you do to protect your light colored bags and do you also have small children (or pets)?

Should I bite the bullet or I should avoid white/cream/natural bags till my kids are grown? Advice please!!!

I have 3 kids too, and it's not even the kids that scare me, it's just the leather itself. I had a chalk colored HH Havana Hobo, and it was beautiful, but everything showed on it, and I didn't even have denim transfer issues or anything, just dirt, and in spite of the pricy cleaner I bought, it didn't make a difference. So I am off light bags, unless they are washable. :smile:

I have 3 kids too, and it's not even the kids that scare me, it's just the leather itself. I had a chalk colored HH Havana Hobo, and it was beautiful, but everything showed on it, and I didn't even have denim transfer issues or anything, just dirt, and in spite of the pricy cleaner I bought, it didn't make a difference. So I am off light bags, unless they are washable. :smile:

Thanks Tracy...my fears exactly.I mentioned the kids because they spill milk and juice and all sorts over my bags.I ALWAYS have a seperate diaper bag for them...I don't care that I have to tote 2 bags...never liked the idea of 'sharing' my bag.

I don't have kids, but I have me. I have a light tan/peach bag and I've had to do everything not to get color transfer from my jeans, moisture from my fingers (darkens the leather), and other things off the bag. I feel like breathing endangers the bag. IF you do get a light bag, don't get a handheld. Trust me :sad:

i think it also depends on the kind of leather it is. i have a winter white coach hobo that ive used quite frequently without a problem. if it gets a little dirty, i just spot treat it. but the leather was built tough ;)

I feel the same way, I just love the light pretty colors but also don't want a bag that I have to fuss over or worry every second about something getting on it. I had actually pre-ordered a Tano bag in this beautiful pale yellow but then chickened out and decided to cancel the order, I would be so upset if it became marked or dirty that it's just not worth it for me. So I will just admire those gorgeous light colored bags from afar but stick to my low-maintenance/stress darker shaded bags, there's a lot to be said for one less thing to worry about during the day. :yes:

Linda

I have a white leather bag that is now kinda gray and my jeans made the bottom a bit blue. It doesn't deter me from wanting another white bag, but none that cost more than $200.

I was thinking same thing....anything white or off white would have to be around $200 or less. Something like a buff color or khaki that's light but not so light, I'd be willing to spend more on....I'd still worry about it more than a dark bag but not as much as white or ivory.

Thanks for all your advice ladies...the bag I'm thinking of getting is actually very marked down now,from $398 to $98...maybe I should pull the trigger.