Light colored leather bags...

Trayler

Dreaming in Shoeland
O.G.
Jul 19, 2007
NY
I love them!!!:love:
I have wanted to get a white or cream bag for what seems like forever...then I chicken out.I get scared just imagining all the things that could happen.I have 3 small children and I just can't baby my bags as I should right now.

There is a particular cream colored bag I have been stalking for months and I just found it this morning...I want it but I'm scared! What do you do to protect your light colored bags and do you also have small children (or pets)?

Should I bite the bullet or I should avoid white/cream/natural bags till my kids are grown? Advice please!!!

tracy814

Jul 19, 2007
I have 3 kids too, and it's not even the kids that scare me, it's just the leather itself. I had a chalk colored HH Havana Hobo, and it was beautiful, but everything showed on it, and I didn't even have denim transfer issues or anything, just dirt, and in spite of the pricy cleaner I bought, it didn't make a difference. So I am off light bags, unless they are washable. :smile:

Trayler

Dreaming in Shoeland
O.G.
Jul 19, 2007
NY
I have 3 kids too, and it's not even the kids that scare me, it's just the leather itself. I had a chalk colored HH Havana Hobo, and it was beautiful, but everything showed on it, and I didn't even have denim transfer issues or anything, just dirt, and in spite of the pricy cleaner I bought, it didn't make a difference. So I am off light bags, unless they are washable. :smile:
Thanks Tracy...my fears exactly.I mentioned the kids because they spill milk and juice and all sorts over my bags.I ALWAYS have a seperate diaper bag for them...I don't care that I have to tote 2 bags...never liked the idea of 'sharing' my bag.

Mar 3, 2006
I don't have kids, but I have me. I have a light tan/peach bag and I've had to do everything not to get color transfer from my jeans, moisture from my fingers (darkens the leather), and other things off the bag. I feel like breathing endangers the bag. IF you do get a light bag, don't get a handheld. Trust me :sad:

bagaholic85

Sep 14, 2007
i <3 ny
i think it also depends on the kind of leather it is. i have a winter white coach hobo that ive used quite frequently without a problem. if it gets a little dirty, i just spot treat it. but the leather was built tough ;)

LindaP

O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia USA
I feel the same way, I just love the light pretty colors but also don't want a bag that I have to fuss over or worry every second about something getting on it. I had actually pre-ordered a Tano bag in this beautiful pale yellow but then chickened out and decided to cancel the order, I would be so upset if it became marked or dirty that it's just not worth it for me. So I will just admire those gorgeous light colored bags from afar but stick to my low-maintenance/stress darker shaded bags, there's a lot to be said for one less thing to worry about during the day. :yes:

Linda

S3rendip1ty

Jan 29, 2008
I have a white leather bag that is now kinda gray and my jeans made the bottom a bit blue. It doesn't deter me from wanting another white bag, but none that cost more than $200.

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
I have a white leather bag that is now kinda gray and my jeans made the bottom a bit blue. It doesn't deter me from wanting another white bag, but none that cost more than $200.
I was thinking same thing....anything white or off white would have to be around $200 or less. Something like a buff color or khaki that's light but not so light, I'd be willing to spend more on....I'd still worry about it more than a dark bag but not as much as white or ivory.

Trayler

Dreaming in Shoeland
O.G.
Jul 19, 2007
NY
Thanks for all your advice ladies...the bag I'm thinking of getting is actually very marked down now,from $398 to $98...maybe I should pull the trigger.