Light colored BV's

Sep 6, 2007
I am about to purchase an off-white medium hobo bag for the summer.
I have had a friend recently tell me to never get a white BV as they are near impossible to keep clean compared to other designers.:sad:
Please share any thoughts/experiences with light colored BV's...before I make the plunge...they are holding the bag for me only for 2 days!!:s

ps. not planning to use it everyday...still I would like to be able to use it years ahead:love:

Lola

O.G.
Jan 11, 2006
Since lambskin BV leather is so soft and supple, I agree with your friend that it would be hard to maintain. For piece of mind, I would recommend either a tougher BV leather or a darker color.

LLANeedle

O.G.
Oct 5, 2007
pandabear, I for one know that I cannot keep a light colored bag clean regardless of the leather or the designer. My biggest problem is color transfer from denim, dark linen and dark cotton clothing. Since I prefer shoulder bags, there's always contact between what I'm wearing and the bag.

Sep 6, 2007
This is the lovely Marmo hobo in mind...

Was going to sell my white Balenciaga box (that I never used) to replace this with:confused1:

But you ladies are both right...think i will wait it out for a darker grey in the fall...:girlsigh:

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2007
I only wear white top or dress when I use my white Veneta and I store it in dustbag as soon as I get home. My SA informed me to be really careful when using light color BV. I have used it a handful of times and so far so good. I prefer my darker color BV a lot as I don't have to baby it so much.

alisonanna

O.G.
Aug 29, 2006
Since lambskin BV leather is so soft and supple, I agree with your friend that it would be hard to maintain. For piece of mind, I would recommend either a tougher BV leather or a darker color.

which is a tougher BV leather? I just had color transfer from jeans onto a light colored Beguelin bag and now I'm afraid to use my poudre deerskin BV.

FYI - a little cleaning with baby wipes took off most of the stain, but I'm not sure how useful it is to have a bag that you can't wear with jeans. I just go back and forth on this poudre bag, but it is beautiful

ReRe

ReRe
O.G.
Apr 16, 2006
I am still trying to decide whether to keep my Marmo Roma. I love the color but am scared to wear it. I'm not normally afraid of light bags, I have had good luck with the heavy leather of the Chloe Paddingtons, but this bag seems fragile and I can't imagine sitting in down on something (no feet). So I'm waiting on the Ottone Sloane to come and will make final decision then. I hate to let it go, the blue suede interior is stunning.

Nymph

O.G.
Jul 17, 2006
I think BV comes up with the most beautiful light colours, which I personally LOVE, but can't maintain, cos I'm such a magnet for dirt :shame:

Unless you are willing to baby your bags, I seriously would advise against getting light coloured BVs, cos colour transferance will be an issue due to the untreated BV leathers etc.

jelts

O.G.
Mar 23, 2007
I'm considering a medium Marmo Veneta as well, but am concerned about keeping my bag clean and pristine so I can wear it for years. But I think the consensus on this thread is that it's difficult to, and a trouble to maintain?

kcm1535

Apr 1, 2008
Just be sure to treat the bag before wear. I know it's somewhat scandalous to treat bags, but I've found it's the only way to keep them protected and clean, and I have personally never noticed a difference in the color or leather softness/feel afterward.

doloresmia

O.G.
May 20, 2008
Has anyone purchased a purse in Ash (F/W 2008 color)? This color is beautiful but I'm not sure if it's still too light and difficult to keep clean....

i have seen the Ash IRL and it is lovely. it is like a taupe color or etoupe, and IMO is not too light. here is a good representation of the color.... and it also happens to be one of my fav bags for the season :nuts:

attachment.php