Lifespan of cartier quartz watches especially the tank

Tatti_

Dec 25, 2018
I'm thinking of buying a cartier tank. I want this watch for years and finally I have the money to buy it. The only thing that's hold me back is the quartz movement. Only the big ones comes in automatic but they are too big for my arms. The tank cost a lot of money for a quartz watch. I want to wear this watch a long time. Is it possible to wear this watch 20-30 years or maybe longer? Can cartier always repair it?

Do you have a tank? Or other watches from cartier with quartz movement? How old are you're watches?

DS2006

Sep 27, 2013
I have a Tank with quartz. I prefer it because I don't wear one watch all the time and I don't want the hassle of an automatic not keeping time because I don't wear it enough. Not to mention, quartz keeps more accurate time! I've probably had mine 10 years and I think have had the battery replaced once. Off hand I can't see why it wouldn't last indefinitely. I have no idea if Cartier can replace the quartz mechanism if it eventually died, but I would think it might be possible.

Reactions: lulilu

Christofle

O.G.
Apr 21, 2011
Montreal
I'm thinking of buying a cartier tank. I want this watch for years and finally I have the money to buy it. The only thing that's hold me back is the quartz movement. Only the big ones comes in automatic but they are too big for my arms. The tank cost a lot of money for a quartz watch. I want to wear this watch a long time. Is it possible to wear this watch 20-30 years or maybe longer? Can cartier always repair it?

Do you have a tank? Or other watches from cartier with quartz movement? How old are you're watches?
As long as you routinely change the batteries and don’t let them sit long enough to leak you shouldn’t have any issues. Although if you plan to expose the watch to water it would be best to have the seals tested at regular intervals. I don’t see why it wouldn’t last you decades as quartz watches are very low maintenance.

Reactions: DS2006