Life's a beach...some reveals

tutushopper

❤️ Lambskin Lover ❤️
O.G.
Apr 13, 2012
So many of you know that life has not been kind from summer through fall for me, but it doesn't stop, so we carry on one step at a time. I spent nearly two months back east, and have much more to do there, but I'm home for now. On the night of my flight, I was delayed due to weather and missed my connecting flight, but was able to get to my destination in time to go by SCP to get my watch fixed.

Homeward bound:

Attachments

• iphone nov 1 2013 2155crrrrrr.jpg
    iphone nov 1 2013 2155crrrrrr.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 2,308
I'm hanging in there, DP; thanks.

While waiting for my watch repair, I spied a great new wallet at Dior and secured that. I also had a precious few minutes to wander over to Chanel and spied a great new bag that I thought would be perfect for the beach. The SA looked a bit mortified and tried to steer me to the Deauville bags, but I just didn't care for those, so I left Chanel empty handed. The following day (or day after? who knows, they are all blurring to me still), I went to another Chanel and saw the same bag whilst making some other purchases. Call it kismet or whatever you wish, but that bag was calling my name and it wants to go to the beach (perhaps it heard of my propensity to put shells, rocks, etc, in my flaps).

Attachments

• iphone nov 1 2013 965rrrrrrrrrw.jpg
    iphone nov 1 2013 965rrrrrrrrrw.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 2,275
So while I was buying a few little things, this bag practically jumped into my shopping bag (and what a heavy shopping bag it was; I've never seen such a huge Chanel box or bag--it needed wheels on it). I even had comments leaving the shopping area asking me what in the world I'd bought that was so big and obviously heavy. It may not look big from my photo, but trust me, it's really big.

Attachments

• IMG_2545crrrr.jpg
    IMG_2545crrrr.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 2,264
So here's the biggest Chanel box I've ever had. I have no idea why it's so huge, but it is. It makes a GST box look small. The bag doesn't fill it from top to bottom, but close on the sides. Those other little boxes are the "few little things" I bought first.

Attachments

• IMG_2546crrrr.jpg
    IMG_2546crrrr.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 2,272
  • IMG_2549crrrr.jpg
    IMG_2549crrrr.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 2,251
So here is my wonderful new beach bag. It's a woven synthetic on the outside, so I figure what sand I can't get out of it by flicking it, I can hose it down. The leather is calf, so I can waterproof that, so it'll be safe from my hose, and the canvas is what they make sails out of for boats, so I figure that will be safe, too. Yep, rocks in flaps and hosing down bags; I'm surely not the typical Chanel bag user.

So isn't this the most perfect beach bag ever? I think it will fit right in with the white sand.

Next up, some of what was in those little boxes and another bigger box (but nowhere near as big as this huge box is).

Attachments

• IMG_2555crrrrrrrrrw.jpg
    IMG_2555crrrrrrrrrw.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 2,250
  • IMG_2554rrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg
    IMG_2554rrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 2,203
  • IMG_2552crrrrrr.jpg
    IMG_2552crrrrrr.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 2,209
  • IMG_2551crrrrrr.jpg
    IMG_2551crrrrrr.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 2,220
  • IMG_2608crrrrrrrw.jpg
    IMG_2608crrrrrrrw.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 2,238
  • IMG_2609crrrrrrrrrrw.jpg
    IMG_2609crrrrrrrrrrw.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 2,212
  • iphone nov 1 2013 973rrrrrrrrw.jpg
    iphone nov 1 2013 973rrrrrrrrw.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 2,197
The Metiers d'Art show in Scotland touched my heart dearly, as that touches a good part of my background. Because of that, and because of my family tartan, I'm just crazy about certain colors and fabrics. That explains one of the small boxes and another one I've not posted yet. While I secured one of the bags on my list for a long time when I got the 2.55 in size 226 black with ghw, I still felt the need for one more. Now, I have way too many black bags. I bought Chanel early (and I guess with some frequency), but I decided years ago I had plenty of black bags and didn't need any more. Well, there is one more black that has been eating away at my subconscious for some time and I felt it was time to rectify that. My dearly missed kitties had to get in on this action as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2587crrrrrrrr.jpg
    IMG_2587crrrrrrrr.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 2,142
  • IMG_2582rrrrrrrrr.jpg
    IMG_2582rrrrrrrrr.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 2,158
  • iphone nov 1 2013 629crrrrrrr.jpg
    iphone nov 1 2013 629crrrrrrr.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 2,169
Tutushopper that is a great pick for a beach bag! I too am looking for one and have been considering the deauville in beige but haven't been able to see it irl... I love the woven look and the color. As always, you have great eyes... Congrats!! Now I am waiting for your next reveals ;)

I've been trying to check off the bags that I've wanted but thought I could do without while I can, plus I dearly needed some retail therapy to distract me a bit. Now that I have a "proper" beach bag, hopefully I'll not fill up my classics with rocks and shells (yes, I have done this on numerous occasions). Another desired bag with a touch of color to go with it.

Attachments

• IMG_2591rrrrrrr.jpg
    IMG_2591rrrrrrr.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 2,143
  • IMG_2592rrrrrrrr.jpg
    IMG_2592rrrrrrrr.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 2,145