LIDO Hobo - Should it stay or Should it go now?

sallyb80

Aug 12, 2007
I've recently bought a Grey HAVANA (definately a keeper), Anthracite LORCA (not totally loving it so it's off to ebay) and a Goldrush LIDO.

I'm pretty low on cash so I could definately benefit from selling the Lido but I'm not totally sure. It's definately one of a kind and feel it may be discontinued soon as it's the only one left after the Black Patent sold out at the last sale. It's a lot bigger than I thought which is good and the colour is a nice gold without being too full-on but it is a bit heavy on the shoulder with the small strap (compared to my Havana).

Attached are some pics I've taken ready for ebay, a big thanks to my friend Jess for being my model.

Would love to hear your thoughts on whether I should keep it or not. Thanks!

Attachments

• Lido Front.jpg
    Lido Front.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Lido Back.jpg
    Lido Back.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Lido Lining.jpg
    Lido Lining.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Lido Inside.jpg
    Lido Inside.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Lido Jess Modelling.jpg
    Lido Jess Modelling.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I like the lido. I think it looks nice on the shoulder, but if you don't totally love it then you shouldn't keep it. You would probably end up rarely using it, if you used it at all!

It's a stunning piece, but if you're motivated enough to have taken photos for eBay already, that seems like a sign that maybe it should go. Ask yourself if you'd be keeping it only as a collectible for its scarcity value or if you would really love and use it. If the latter, keep it; if the former, sell it.

Hey! sallyb80.. my thoughts exactly- if you don't like it someone else might fancy it
and gives it a good home, shoulder, tlc..etc.:smile::smile:
have a blast on the bay! gd luck!
Cheers!

I love bags that can be dressed up or down and this one totally fits the bill. I say keep it but...if you don't love it, then sell it so someone else can.

I think the bag looks incredible! Wow! It's sooo pretty!
:nuts:
But I have to admit, I have little tolerance for bags that are uncomfortable or heavy, so if you feel you can't wear it comfortably or it is too heavy, maybe you should put the $$$ towards something you could use more.

She sure is a beauty, though!

My advice is to kKeep it only if you're in love because, otherwise, you'll be wondering whether or not to keep it forever. I don't like metallic bags, so I can't be objective. I must say, however, that the lining is HOT.

I love the Lido and I think it looks great on you... but TBH... there will always be new great bags every season so if you're not completely in love or could really use the cash... give it a new home and use part of the funds to save for the next bag you can't live without... :flowers:

Thanks everyone for your advice. You're right. I would only be keeping it because it's a one-off & discontinued, a collector's item. I do like it but probably wouldn't use it very much compared to my Havana so I've put it on ebay.