license plate

bogeyjay

Feb 10, 2008
last week, i ordered this personalized license plate for my wife’s new car, but i'm having second thoughts. is this a little over the top? i guess i can always say it describes the red mirror caps and red brake calipers. i have 8 more weeks to think about it before the plate arrives. i don’t want her to appear snooty, because she’s not. thoughts?

redsole1pl8.jpg

minifronteg4.jpg

With her car, it's very cute. That car can't really come off as snooty.

If she had a BMW or something, I would say no.

last week, i ordered this personalized license plate for my wife’s new car, but i'm having second thoughts. is this a little over the top? i guess i can always say it describes the red mirror caps and red brake calipers. i have 8 more weeks to think about it before the plate arrives. i don’t want her to appear snooty, because she’s not. thoughts?

redsole1pl8.jpg

minifronteg4.jpg

That's a great looking car. I'd like to say it's English but it isn't any more :sad:. The red wing mirror covers and calipers are nice touches.

It's just a suggestion but you could change the plate to RED SOUL, which whould then have a secondary meaning.

It's sort of funny, you have bought what 'WAS' an English car, in Silver, and I bought an American car, in Siver (C5 Corvette) :police:.

Attachments

• My C5.jpg
    My C5.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 55
I am not sure about it. I think that it needs to me more subtle - like "seeing red" or something else. I like personalized plates that make you think to figure it out.

I probably wouldn't do it because when people ask what her plate means and then she will explain that it is referring to her $800 shoes. Also, if she doesn't care very much, then it won't be so special to her.

thanks everyone for your input. i feel better about it already.

That's a great looking car. I'd like to say it's English but it isn't any more :sad:. The red wing mirror covers and calipers are nice touches.
It's just a suggestion but you could change the plate to RED SOUL, which whould then have a secondary meaning.
It's sort of funny, you have bought what 'WAS' an English car, in Silver, and I bought an American car, in Siver (C5 Corvette) :police:.

NICE CAR, Brian! that is funny that i bought from the UK and you bought from the US. my wife got the idea for the red mirror caps and calipers from the Mini Cooper GP limited edition. we have to be careful and not stray too far off topic. there are other forums for what we are discussing :lol:. ah yes, in the end, we are still men.