license plate

I probably wouldn't do it because when people ask what her plate means and then she will explain that it is referring to her $800 shoes. Also, if she doesn't care very much, then it won't be so special to her.

this is exactly why i started second guessing myself in the first place. i know my wife cares about it and is okay with it or else she wouldn't have agreed to have it on her car. i talked to her about it just now and she said people have been asking her what her license plate is going to be. her response: "it's going to be RED SOLE because of the red calipers. also, one of the definitions of the word SOLE is, 'being only one of the kind, unique,' which each mini cooper is in its own way. and because Jay's really into these shoes right now that has red soles."

i love how she threw that last part in there. it is my fault though.

it looks like she's got it covered. thanks again everyone for your input.

BogeyJay, tell your wife that if some day she comes across some crazy ass Mexican honking and waving at her, driving this:
MyBenz-1.jpg

she's just showing her some tPF :heart:

thanks everyone for your input. i feel better about it already.

NICE CAR, Brian! that is funny that i bought from the UK and you bought from the US. my wife got the idea for the red mirror caps and calipers from the Mini Cooper GP limited edition. we have to be careful and not stray too far off topic. there are other forums for what we are discussing :lol:. ah yes, in the end, we are still men.

I think it's cute. And btw, how do you get red calipers? I'm scared to ask on the Porsche forum I post on because I already stand out as being female, and I don't want to sound like that dingy girl who wants the red thingies in her wheels. But they just look so cool!

I think it's cute. And btw, how do you get red calipers? I'm scared to ask on the Porsche forum I post on because I already stand out as being female, and I don't want to sound like that dingy girl who wants the red thingies in her wheels. But they just look so cool!

there are a few ways:

1) we happened to upgrade the brake system which included bigger calipers that were powder coated red from the factory.

2) high performance auto parts companies may sell red calipers for your model car that you simply have a mechanic install.

3) if your brakes are adequate and you just want your existing calipers red, have them powder coated or painted by a body shop. you may need to have a mechanic remove them if the body shop is not comfortable doing it.

4) several porsche models come with stock red calipers. you can ask your local porsche dealer for help but this will probably be the most expensive option. it wouldn't hurt to talk to them and see what they say.

i hope this helps. if you have more questions, feel free to pm me.

Hubby's porsche has the red calipers. I asked him and he said our car come stock with it. His porsche forum friend, a girl, just painted it "hello kitty" pink.
Maybe I should start driving the Porsche since it matches my red sole better!!