LG Phones.. NOT so durable!!

I thought LG was a good brand in general...my friend had a LG phone for at least three years straight, no problems.

Our home refridgerator is an LG purchased in 1991...still going strong and so I'm a faithful fan of LG products!

LG is one of the best phone companies around. Ive owned atleast 3 of them. The screen of the chocolate is sensitive (If you notice when you press the touch activated buttons the screen blemishes). Also LG doesnt expect you to drop your that bad. How far was the drop?

I dropped it from our bed. I got the LCD repaired already and yeah, the screen is quite sensitive. But the problem is that the slide is not that in tact already when you look at its sides. :sad:

I thought the LG Chocolate phone was the coolest phone in like forever. I got one while I was in Europe last year when nobody had one in the US yet. There are several reasons I hate it. One, no speaker phone. Two, bad microphone. People are always asking "what did you say?". Getting on the net is a PITA. It takes a long time to load. Half the time if someone is sending me a picture, it says the file won't work on the phone. Now I have a Blackberry Pearl and love it.

I agree with this. LG phone is not user friendly, I don't even know how to put photos on my contacts (and i'm using it for 2 months already!) No speakers, no microphones. Haaayyyyy... :crybaby:

I've owned LG phones for at least 4 years now. I love em! I haven't had any problems, except from normal wear and tear. Right now I have the LG version of the razr, and it's great. I plan on sticking to these.

I've heard that the chocolates aren't that great, perhaps because it's a first version of that type of phone.

I hear Motorola is the worst!

LG actually makes really great phones, and wonderful products in general (as most of the people here know already, i work at a consumer electronics store). if you dropped it...that's kind of your own fault. no phone is 100% drop proof if it hits a hard surface at a bad angle, and every phone that every brand makes is capable of breaking if it is dropped once. just depends on your carefulness and your luck.

i personally have had samsung phones for about 3 years and i like them quite a bit, i find them very durable. i have the a900 right now, it's the samsung version of the razr. the controls are very intuitive, it has all the features i use (speakerphone, bluetooth, etc.) and i've dropped it several times with no problems.

motorola phones, and the razr in general, are terrible.

Maybe its my bad luck, but the LG phones i've had have been all dud... the hinge on my mom's LG flip phone is about to snap and my sister's one (same model) has major functionality issues, e.g. the call duration will halve itself and the battery life sucks.
I think i've been put off LG cell phones from my experience and I'm very doubtful whether i'd take that risk again.

However, saying this, i do love LG's designs - esp the LG shine and prada!

First, I want LG Prada loads but ............ when touching it at the first time, I have changed my mind. It looks cheap (it's cheap coz the phone itself is weightless (not good looking as Nokia 8800), Prada name doesn't help and it comes with a very very cheap contract and offer).

i am so abusive on cell phones. i drop them, scratch them, accidently get them a little wet....i've had my LG phone for three years now (yes, i really need an upgrade) and aside from a few cosmetic dings, it works great still.

i played with the chocolate in the store yesterday. it seems a little less durable than my current one but not terribly more. maybe get a case to protect it?

I have the LG Chocolate Cherry and love it. I am really afraid of dropping it tho. I think it is pretty user friendly. Motorola has got to be the WORST brand of cell phones!!! I had a flip phone, and the damn thing would freeze up like a computer!!! And other people have said how easily their motorola phones have broken.

I love my chocolate! i got it last year so I have it in black...wish I could get a pink or red one now! maybe sometime soon. anyway, i've dropped it a couple of times and its been fine...it still looks and works great. as for the speakerphone - i'm not sure if its there yet, but if you don't have it, just go to a verizon store and they will upload the program for speakerphone on your phone and set a button to use for it. its free and only takes a few minutes. i guess they added this feature after they manufactured the product.