LFW 2017

PeanutB

O.G.
May 3, 2011
Did anyone watch the show? None of the clothes stood out as something I could wear (too baggy and unflattering or too see-through) BUT the bags were delightful!
There wasn't a single bag I would be embarrassed to carry - I'm a bit shocked.
My favs were the brown croc hatbox and the lovely rich tan 70s gymbag.
The weakest designs IMO were the ones with white contrasting stitching, because this always screams replica bag to me.
And I didn't see any yukky snakeskin :smile:

Here is the link: http://www.mulberry.com/gb/fashion-week/aw17-details
What do you think?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 517
Reactions: Emmelines
I was there Peanut, and I liked the clothes! Esp the flowery blouses... very dreamy
I have seen the Amberley upclose today, it is very interesting
Hi! Oh so that's what it's called :biggrin: It's a very handsome range. I hope you see more up close.
re clothes - I just need a bit more shape otherwise I look like a teapot in a horse blanket. The patterns were pretty though.

I also saw the show online, and I really like the upcoming collection. I think JC is gaining momentum and really creating some beautiful bags. Last year I purchased two JC Bayswaters as soon as they were in the stores, my SA told me I was the first one to purchase them, lol!! Since then I actually sold both of them, because the first Bays to come out did not have a crossbody/shoulder strap. I will repurchase some Bays with the strap. I carry a lot to work and realize I love having a strap and therefore sadly they both went. My experience with the new styles has been great!! I can't wait to see the new collection IRL as I am optimistic I will be purchasing something soon.

Reactions: PeanutB
Did anyone watch the show? None of the clothes stood out as something I could wear (too baggy and unflattering or too see-through) BUT the bags were delightful!
There wasn't a single bag I would be embarrassed to carry - I'm a bit shocked.
My favs were the brown croc hatbox and the lovely rich tan 70s gymbag.
The weakest designs IMO were the ones with white contrasting stitching, because this always screams replica bag to me.
And I didn't see any yukky snakeskin :smile:

Here is the link: http://www.mulberry.com/gb/fashion-week/aw17-details
What do you think?
Oh my! I love, love, love that bag:love:

Reactions: PeanutB
I have to say I really like the gym bag and the clothes.. The looks are really nice, love the colors and the general aesthetic :smile:
Thanks for sharing!
The fabrics were truly luscious, I loved the silk and the embroidered tweed. This collection had a very strong 70's vibe, which seems to be quite "in" at the moment. I have to give it to Johnny: he does his best to stay true to British heritage, and has a quirky, arty way of doing that. Loved the fabrics a lot, however the round bags are not my personal cup of tea, and I hope he does leave the horse blankets/ duvets for the catwalk. I think this year I'll be happy getting another Selwood and waiting out the next collection- hopefully with lots of greens in it.

I love the quality of everything in this photo: the boots ( especially), the clothes, the bag. The design of the bag kind of screams "Gucci" to me though. I will love Mulberry forever, but I have to say the bags have almost completely lost what we old Mulberry fans recognize as the Mulberry aesthetic. I love the classic styles, and some of the new ones too. I respect the quality, but am afraid this is headed too fast into a direction I don' t recognize. Is anyone else intrigued, curious and skeptikal at the same time? I love the Selwood, but I miss the tree. Really torn here.

Reactions: 24shaz
I love the quality of everything in this photo: the boots ( especially), the clothes, the bag. The design of the bag kind of screams "Gucci" to me though. I will love Mulberry forever, but I have to say the bags have almost completely lost what we old Mulberry fans recognize as the Mulberry aesthetic. I love the classic styles, and some of the new ones too. I respect the quality, but am afraid this is headed too fast into a direction I don' t recognize. Is anyone else intrigued, curious and skeptikal at the same time? I love the Selwood, but I miss the tree. Really torn here.
Agree with all of this, I'm liking a lot in this collection, but I'm missing my postman's locks.

& PeanutB, you're absolutely right about the white stitching - screams Turkish market fake!

Reactions: Louliu71