Lexol?

ms_sue

Aug 25, 2008
I have some pre-owned Legacy Zip glove-tanned leather bags that are in excellent condition, very clean. So I want to use a conditioner occasionally to keep them in good shape. I've read here that I should avoid Coach conditioner.

I do have some Apple conditioner, but I've read that Lexol conditioner is particularly good for the classic Coach bags. When I checked out the Lexol Conditioner wipes on Amazon, however, I did notice that it says not to be used on "glove" leather, so now I'm a bit confused. Any advice on which to use?

Or should I not use anything on these bags? TIA.

I've been using Lexol leather conditioner on my older Coach bags (including glove tan leather) AND older LV monogram bags (only on the vachetta trim) when the bags are REALLY dry and I don't care if they darken a bit in color (as I've noticed happens on occassion after using the Lexol). Also, I've never tried the Lexol wipes, I've only used the liquid Lexol in the 8oz bottle~see link to their website below, so I can't specifically comment on the wipes.

http://www.lexol.com/Product_leather_conditioner.aspx

Definitely stay away from the Coach leather conditioner as it has silicones in it that many TPF'ers advise against as it prevents leather from breathing/harms cloth stitching etc....

Oh yea, I forgot to add that I normally use Apple conditioner on the majority of my bags that are just needing a quick conditioning to keep it looking shiny....

I use lexol conditioner quite often. I have the wipes for lexol cleaner and the conditioner and I use them before I put a bag into storage for awhile. The wipes are just easy and convenient. Because they are not a thick, opaque cream I also use them for pebbled bags and "more delicate" bags and so far I have not had any problems.

Lexol doesn't smell all that great, but the odor fades with time. I would have no concerns about using lexol on a legacy zip, but I usually use apple or leather cpr on glove-tanned bags - no big deal, just my habit. Good luck!

Thanks, all. Since I do have Apple conditioner already, I think I'll stick with it for now. How often is it recommended to use a conditioner on the glove-tanned bags?

Thanks, all. Since I do have Apple conditioner already, I think I'll stick with it for now. How often is it recommended to use a conditioner on the glove-tanned bags?

You don't want to over condition. I tend to use my bags by season and I condition them before they go back into storage - so once or twice a year?