Letter to customer service?

reneeandrea18

Feb 18, 2010
Just curious to know if anyone has ever written a letter to customer service? I had a nightmare of an experience last month and I decided to write a letter just to share my experience with them. I'm not expecting anything from them but just curious if they even respond to letters sent to them??

***In a nutshell, the hubby was going to surprise me with the large Sabrina and matching wallet from coach.com. They had a "glitch" on their website and they charged our debit card over and over and over again until our bank turned our debit card off for fraudulent activity!!! I was at Target 9 months pregnant with my toddler trying to buy groceries and diapers and my card was declined. I called my bank to figure out what was going on and I found out about the hubby's surprise! Finally my Sabrina arrived and it was damaged! When he called to exchange it, they were sold out. So I picked the Audrey. When the Audrey arrived she looked used. No tags with glitter on the inside of the bag. So the hubby had to exchange her. It was literally one thing after the next!!!!! Then I had my new Audrey and her handle area started to chip! This started right away and got worse over the next 3 weeks. I took her back to the store and she was deemed defective!! So then I picked out the poppy sateen hobo, which I adore so far!!!! It took me a long time to finally be excited or happy about my purchase! So that is just a glimpse of the last 6 weeks!****

I'm sooooooo sorry this happened to you! What an awful experience, I would definitely write a letter to customer service. I personally have never had to do it, but at least it gives you the opportunity to tell your story and a chance for them to make it right.

That is seriously one of the worst stories I've read on here. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I would definitely write to them and let them know what happened. After reading that, I will never order from coach.com. Haha! I hope you do get some kind of compensation or apology for your troubles. That really is an awful experience.

the only time i sent a message was when it was some serious positive feedback for my favorite store. i got the generic 'coach appreciates your feedback, etc etc" BUT i got a handwritten note from the SA i mentioned, thanking me for what i said and hoping to see me again soon.
while this is a total different experience from yours, i would feel confident that your comments would get the right people.
and by the way, i am SO SORRY that you had to go through all of that! what a horrible experience, i hope your new bag is working out alright though!

I've had better luck with emailing them and asking for a phone call from the district manager of the area your local store is in. I have my outlets DM on speed dial, and she's even left me 2-3 mssg's just to "check in with me."

It sounds like they atleast owe you a HUGE written apology. When they messed up an order I had I complained and the sent me a soho mini-skinny. I knew it was something that was in the outlets for little $$$ but it was the point they showed that they CARED!!!

That is one bad shopping experience....especially the part about your card being charged multiple times. That makes me think I want to avoid making any purchases on coach.com. Anyways, I hope your new bag works out well for you.

That is one bad shopping experience....especially the part about your card being charged multiple times. That makes me think I want to avoid making any purchases on coach.com. Anyways, I hope your new bag works out well for you.

Yeah it was HORRID. I was livid! I could breath fire!!! :mad: I think it got charged 5 or 6 times??? Mind you the bag was $498 I think? And the wallet $218?? It was a mess!!! Our cards got turned off for our protection. We had to get new debit cards with new account information. Then we had to change all of our automatic bill pay which was a nightmare!!!! :rant: My hubby was livid that I was stuck at Target with no debit card! And our bank was the one that told me about all the Coach purchases. So surprised ruined!

Well...

I don't know why you would have needed to get new accounts, numbers and the whole 9 yards. Generally, when fraud protection kicks in it is something that you can turn off with one phone call. Let them what the situation is, that it is in fact you making the charges and they will remove the hold. I can tell you that because not only does my husband works as a VP in corp. security for a major bank...but because I asked him.

Also, I would share your experience...but you either need to have a clear purpose when it comes to what you want or you're basically going to get sympathy, but no action.

She said it was her debit card, maybe it's different than with credit cards...

OP, I would certainly write to them and detail what poor experiences you've had buying from them.

I agree with Italiahaircolor, make sure you write in the letter that you wish to be compensated for their mistakes. I would be very upset if my bank account was drained with a 'glitch' in their system. Ask and you will probably be compensated somehow. If you don't ask they may not feel inclined to do anything but send you a letter of apology. Good luck!

Well...

I don't know why you would have needed to get new accounts, numbers and the whole 9 yards. Generally, when fraud protection kicks in it is something that you can turn off with one phone call. Let them what the situation is, that it is in fact you making the charges and they will remove the hold. I can tell you that because not only does my husband works as a VP in corp. security for a major bank...but because I asked him.

Also, I would share your experience...but you either need to have a clear purpose when it comes to what you want or you're basically going to get sympathy, but no action.

Yeah, our bank said it was for our protection. We needed to get new debit card numbers and pin numbers but we could keep the same bank account. I wish they would have put a hold on it instead because it was a mess to figure out!!!