Letter designation for "pre-season" City bags?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello lovely TPFers! I have a question about the letter designation on "pre-season" City bags. I am looking to purchase a bag from pre-season S/S 2010. It's my understanding that the letter designation for S/S 2010 is "P," but the metal tag has a "Q" (indicating F/W 2009). Is it possible that the "pre-season" bags still have the letter designation from the previous season? Thank you all in advance for your help!!

2. The letter designation for a pre-season bag would be the same as the main collection. The only time that I've seen a wrong-lettered bag, is when Balenciaga decides to do a "last minute" batch for the prior Year/Season (for instance, for the 2010 F/W line), but have used up the tags and therefore, the bag may have the letter of the new Year/Season (again - example would be that the bag would have a 2011 S/S letter).

I hope that you are not looking at a bag on eBay, where the seller says it's Outremer and it has the wrong letter .. that bag is not Outremer!

3. Thank you so much, CeeJay! I am so grateful for your help.
    And, yes, I was looking at that bag on eBay. You are good! :smile:

Thank you for helping me avoid such an expensive mistake!

4. ^^ GOOD!! .. glad I could help and just based on your description, I kind of knew that it was that bag. I contacted that seller and told her it's not Outremer, yet she continues to try to sell it as such. Arrgghh! :nono: :tdown: :rant: