Lets talk VASELINE!

I :heart: Vaseline, too!

I use it as a barrier cream when I apply self tanner, as chapstick, to tame crazy eye brows, to remove eye makeup... Also, last time I had a cold my nose got really chapped. The skin was all flaky and moisturizer just made it worse. Vaseline made the skin under my nose soft and smooth within one day.

Just a warning, don't use it under your eyes. Short term it may feel good, but on the long term, it can damage your eye area. My mom used it under her eyes some years back, it left her with these white small spots. They can only be surgically removed. You should never use Vaseline or other oily like stuff under eyes, because the skin there is so thin and it can't absorb all the oily and greasy stuff, which is why you can develop this small white corn-like stuff.

sounds like she had milia? some people get that from using eye creams or moisturizers that are too heavy. vaseline could definitely lead to that, but so could any heavy moisturizer. it just depends on if your skin is prone to stuff like that.

vaseline is great for my skin too! my face is prone to eczema, so when i start getting a little dry, i put vaseline all over my face before bed, and when i wake up it's all smooth and glowy. i also like eucerin original cream for the same reason.

omg! how funny because i ran out of my facial moisterizer and started using just a dab of vaseline at night. I have oily skin by the way.

My face is sooo smooth in the morning. I use to put it on my body after my nightly showers but for some reason I stopped when that time of the month came for the obvious reasons.

I LOVE Vaseline for my dry lips! I'm a total mouth breather when I sleep, so my lips get parched. I just put some Vaseline on every night before bed & wake up with amazing lips!

OK, Honestly, I hate the feeling of Vaseline, sticky to me, but I used it a lot...for SEX:yes:
I don't know if it is good for that, my husband told me her parents do that so we do it too...I guess I never wonder about it much until I see this topic. I don't know if it is good either. Please let me know if someone do the same...???
Thanks

OK, Honestly, I hate the feeling of Vaseline, sticky to me, but I used it a lot...for SEX:yes:
I don't know if it is good for that, my husband told me her parents do that so we do it too...I guess I never wonder about it much until I see this topic. I don't know if it is good either. Please let me know if someone do the same...???
Thanks
:wtf:......:confused1:......:thinking:

I'm assuming she means as lube. It is not a good idea if you are using condoms. "Petroleum jelly is oil-based, it interferes with the structure of latex. Using petroleum jelly with latex condoms weakens the material very quickly, increasing the chance of rupture. Thus it is not recommended for use during sexual intercourse when using a latex condom."

Does she know for sure that it was from the Vaseline?

I know a lot of woman that use it just under the eyes and on the eye area, I've also read about a lot of woman doing that, some have been doing it for 20+ years with no ill effects.

I've also read about people having those small white spots under the eyes (Milia??), I actually have a few from way before I started using Vaseline and nobody has ever associated it with Vaseline, so that association would be something new to me.

Vaseline does not cause those bumps:nogood: I agree with you QueenofDa702
I've been using vaseline on my face for a very long time, I swear by it!

sounds like she had milia? some people get that from using eye creams or moisturizers that are too heavy. vaseline could definitely lead to that, but so could any heavy moisturizer. it just depends on if your skin is prone to stuff like that.

vaseline is great for my skin too! my face is prone to eczema, so when i start getting a little dry, i put vaseline all over my face before bed, and when i wake up it's all smooth and glowy. i also like eucerin original cream for the same reason.

There are no creams that cause the above. It's genetics.

^^ Genetics - great! My grandma & mom have the white spots, grrrr :pout:

Love vaseline!

~ great price
~ non-scented, good for sensitive skin
~ won't clog pores
~ great for dry skin anywhere
~ use it for make up removal

I will now use it for some of them 31 reasons in the link you posted! Thanks! :tup: :biggrin: