Food Let's talk sushi

I ***just*** got home from eating sushi with Lil Max. We ate way too much but it was so good. Here's what we had tonight......

Philidelphia roll with a twist - salmon, cream cheese, crab, and some other goodies

Sushi Twister - their take on a shrimp tempura roll with avacado and tuna

Toro (Fatty Tuna)

Volcano roll

Rainbow roll - spicy tuna on the inside a 'rainbow' of different fish on the outside

And the most wonderful oysters the chef surprised us with

i LOVe love sushi!!! i go to this place near my house and get there spicy tuna roll is it so good....but my all time favorite is (if u like tuna) a seared tuna roll...its so good they take the raw tuna and cover the outside in place pepper and just slightly sear the sides and its soo GOOD!!!

if you like raw stuff the chopped scallop cone & spicy salmon cone is good. I love ebi/tako/hokkigai sunomono (cold noodles in vinegar and sugar) and oyster motoyaki (baked oyster with mayo and cheese..i think..)<--- really fattening but i just let myself go all out sometimes hehe. Yaki soba is good too, fried noodles w/a bunch of vegetables. These arent sushi but they serve them at Japenese Restaurants.

I love sushi! And since I moved to New Brunswick from Toronto in Aug I have been dying! When I go home for Christmas I am definetly going to have the Unagie (eel) that's my fav! I also love Sashimi and Butterfish rolls. Not to mention tempura, calamari, and Chicken katsu.... oh my I could go on and on :P

There is a fabulous place near me..and on certain days is 50&#37; off.. Now i know what all you skeptics are thinking..its not all rice, its a normal roll! and its delicious..Before I found this place, I used to walk out of another sushi place (VERY POPULAR IN NJ) with over 100.00 twice a week( yes, i'm obsessed)..but now..its more like 30-45 which is a lot more reasonable and the food is actually 100x better..U-Yee sushi in Woodbridge..they know me by name.. :heart:3333

I really am interested in trying sushi. Everyone seems to talk about it so much. So now I'm going to ask the complete novice questions. Is all Sushi raw? Where do I start?

I really am interested in trying sushi. Everyone seems to talk about it so much. So now I'm going to ask the complete novice questions. Is all Sushi raw? Where do I start?

hehe no, not all sushi's raw. You might like to start with vegetarian then work your way to cooked and then raw. You can have sushi with toppings of seafood, egg, fresh seaweed, meat etc

Sashimi is raw fish
Nori is rolls of rice wrapped in seaweed
Inori is the tofu stuffed with rice

My boyfriend doesn't like the idea of raw fish. Once in a while he'll have a roll with seared spicy tuna, like dynamite rolls are sometimes like that. Anything tempura I think is cooked. Is eel? And geez WHY oh WHY do I keep visiting this thread late at night? I'm SO HUNGRY!

For Lunch, I love bento boxes still... get a bit of everything.
Dinner, I do like tempura or kutsdons but it may vary depending on apettite. IF its small, a roll of sushi will do, or if hungry. I want a boat of sushi with different vartiations of fish. Salmon, White, Blue Tuna, Red Tuna, Flounder, etc...