Let's talk Delvaux!

Thank you!:flowers: The color is vegetal, and the size is MM. I tend to prefer medium sized bags even though I don't always carry a lot with me.:smile:

Thank you!:flowers:
@Purses & Perfumes , Thank you so much for replying! From the size dimensions of the MM, I think it may be similar to a 28 cm Kelly? Would you say that is accurate? I have looked at countless pictures over the last few days to try and figure out if the MM will be okay for my height (5’3). It is soooo difficult when you have no idea if the the people in pictures are tall or shorter like me:P:biggrin::flowers:.

@Purses & Perfumes , Thank you so much for replying! From the size dimensions of the MM, I think it may be similar to a 28 cm Kelly? Would you say that is accurate? I have looked at countless pictures over the last few days to try and figure out if the MM will be okay for my height (5’3). It is soooo difficult when you have no idea if the the people in pictures are tall or shorter like me:P:biggrin::flowers:.
To me the Delvaux Tempête MM is comparable in size to a Kelly 28. However the Kelly will hold less because the bag is more tapered at the top. Also because the Kelly is more fussy to get into, it is more difficult to retrieve objects in the bag. The Kelly’s zippered compartment across the inside back wall is longer than the Tempête’s zippered compartment, and therefore will hold more.
I don’t feel at all overwhelmed by the Tempête MM, and I’m just a little taller than you.
Good luck in your decision!

I agree with JolieS that the Tempete MM is comparable to a Kelly 28 in size. I am one inch taller than you and I do not find this size to be too big on me. Also, keep in mind that a lot depends on the color you choose. I generally prefer smaller sizes if I am choosing vivid colors like red or bright pink for example, while darker colors don't stand out as much even in slightly larger sizes. Good luck with your choice!

@JolieS and @Purses & Perfumes , thank you for the replies per the MM dimensions.That is a good confirmation. Per color, I wish to add vegetal first to round out my bag family basics, however, when I see all the colors...oh, wow! Delvaux has the most amazing colors!! Do either of you also have a Tempête PM and or the Brilliant mini. I would love to hear how you find the mini Brilliant since we are similar heights. Thanks again for your thoughts. It really helps trying to fumble my way through virtual shopping. And my list of Delvaux wish bags continues to grow the more I look on line. And Delvaux has the most beautiful colors every season. :flowers: :heart:

I bought the Tempête PM when it came out last year. It is a small bag; not a problem if you’re used to small bags. It can fit: phone, compact wallet, key pouch, lipstick, hand sanitizer, compact tissue pack, EITHER sunnies or readers, but not both. The issue with the PM is weight/space ratio due to the calfskin lining. Delvaux linings are so beautifully fitted, the bags could almost be worn inside out.:biggrin: Valextra for example uses chèvre for their linings, which is much lighter.
As for the Brillant mini, I have a highly embellished one that I use for dressy occasions only. I find getting into the bag a pain, and I can’t do it one-handed, so the mini for everyday carry wouldn’t suit my lifestyle.
it is all a question of perception and taste.
Yes, Delvaux colours are fab. If you see one you like, jump on it because they are seasonal, and don’t reappear. Of course there are standards such as végétal, black, etc. that are usually in stock.
Good luck with your decision.

@JolieS , Thank you so much! :flowers: It is really helpful to read your summary and get a visual in my head about what fits inside the PM. That size is extremely tempting to me, as I carry so little and I can imagine it being easy and lighter in weight. I do think I will purchase a MM size as well. It just has such a beautiful silhouette. I am still undecided on the Brilliant mini. Several years ago, in Antwerpen, I almost purchased a PM Brilliant and didn’t. I still think about it and regret it!:hrmm: I knew they were resting the size and should have purchased, but didn’t. I recall how amazing the craftsmanship and lining is. Ahhh ya, live and learn. And yes, about jumping on a seasonal color! Even the standards seem to go super fast on the web shop. Again thank you so much for your help. It means so much!:flowers:

• Love
Reactions: 880 and JolieS
@JolieS and @Purses & Perfumes , thank you for the replies per the MM dimensions.That is a good confirmation. Per color, I wish to add vegetal first to round out my bag family basics, however, when I see all the colors...oh, wow! Delvaux has the most amazing colors!! Do either of you also have a Tempête PM and or the Brilliant mini. I would love to hear how you find the mini Brilliant since we are similar heights. Thanks again for your thoughts. It really helps trying to fumble my way through virtual shopping. And my list of Delvaux wish bags continues to grow the more I look on line. And Delvaux has the most beautiful colors every season. :flowers: :heart:
I don't have the Brilliant or the Tempete PM, but the PM size does seem like a nice, compact size. For me, it's always important to be able to fit my sunglass case (in addition to a compact wallet, phone, keys, small bottle of sanitizer, and maybe lipstick). If you do not carry much, you might consider the PM size for your next purchase. Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: 880 and Vitamina H
I was doing some reading on Delvaux and came across this magazine from 2008/2009 that makes for some interesting reading!

Some of you might be interested...
Very interesting article. Thanks!
Delvaux has always had a point of view.
Hope that the new creative director, whoever that may be, keeps up the tradition of strong design.

Reactions: Christofle
@Christofle thank you for sharing this. Very interesting article!

@JolieS how is Delvaux able to release these recent collections without an appointed CD? Do you know if these are “leftover” collections from Christina or do they employ designers like LV who release bags both from their CD and other bags from their general design teams?

@Christofle thank you for sharing this. Very interesting article!

@JolieS how is Delvaux able to release these recent collections without an appointed CD? Do you know if these are “leftover” collections from Christina or do they employ designers like LV who release bags both from their CD and other bags from their general design teams?
There are no “leftover” collections. Delvaux announced that the SS21 collection is the work of Christina’s design team. I’ve heard no rumours about progress to name a new director, and have no intel about what is going on behind the scenes.