Let's talk Delvaux!

Is there any US Delvaux lover who had ordered from the website? It looks like there’s no out of state tax if you are not in NY (I’m in CA)?

Also, I’m thinking about getting a mini Brilliant, between vision and vegetal, which color you think it’s more versatile? I’m leaning towards vegetal since I in general love tan colored bags. And I think vegetal can be dressed a bit casually compared to vision?My another concern is that vision is easier to get dirty coz it’s a lighter shade? But then I also already have a few tan colored bags (See photos here, although they are all quite different in terms of shape and look).

View attachment 4874539

View attachment 4874540

View attachment 4874541

View attachment 4874542

View attachment 4874543

Why not buy from the NY store? They have great SAs who can help you. I don't think there will be tax charged from the store.

Reactions: noegirl
Also, I’m thinking about getting a mini Brilliant, between vision and vegetal, which color you think it’s more versatile

Sorry to interfere, I saw this bag last year and it was my num 2 to buy, but some things happened.
The difference is in colourwork stitches but the stitches bring the bag more attraction. ( now I understand what bothers me not to buy the Delvaux at the moment)IMG_1860.JPG
But tastes differ

Reactions: papertiger
The colour of the bag in front appears to be végétal, and the bag in back appears to be tourterelle colour. Vison (not vision) is a pinky-beige colour.
The contrast stitching on these bags gives them a more casual, less dressy vibe IMO.
Hope this answers your question, and good luck deciding.

They had such momentum, and then it just died off. No life. It was beyond shocking. Anything new at this point is an improvement.
This is quite interesting as I felt the same way but couldn’t really put my finger on it. I love Delvaux, I think the brand and its ethos is amazing and exactly what I look for when purchasing luxury goods. I feel like I’m treated insanely well regardless of how much I’ve spent. But I always felt like I didn’t love a lot of their products. I’m drawn to the craftsmanship and the materials used but I feel some of their designs lack something or other which don’t make me pull the trigger. I feel like I love the house more for its aforementioned qualities than the products themselves. The men’s department is severely lacking, so far I’ve seen nothing that wows me enough and its a shame as I really want to find something I love. What would you guys like to see from Delvaux? Any intel on who the new designer will be?

This is quite interesting as I felt the same way but couldn’t really put my finger on it. I love Delvaux, I think the brand and its ethos is amazing and exactly what I look for when purchasing luxury goods. I feel like I’m treated insanely well regardless of how much I’ve spent. But I always felt like I didn’t love a lot of their products. I’m drawn to the craftsmanship and the materials used but I feel some of their designs lack something or other which don’t make me pull the trigger. I feel like I love the house more for its aforementioned qualities than the products themselves. The men’s department is severely lacking, so far I’ve seen nothing that wows me enough and its a shame as I really want to find something I love. What would you guys like to see from Delvaux? Any intel on who the new designer will be?
I don't know who their new CD will be! Apparently CZ cited health reasons for her departure, but there's a big shakeup in upper management too. Might have all needed to happen. What I PERSONALLY would love and have REQUESTED (hahaha) is the brillant but in an open top double handle tote. The brillant is just too difficult to get in and out of, and it's a bit too dressy for where I am living now most of the time. But I love the brillant! Just make it a tad easier to access, and a tad more casual, I will buy it in all the colors. HEAR THAT DELVAUX??? :yahoo:

Sigh. I’m wondering if all these management changes are slowing down the special order process for me. Back and worth with Delvaux since early June. :crybaby:
I bet so. I know they were contemplating shutting it all down permanently there for a second. So they navigated through other channels (online purchases) & who knows what else. I am glad hopefully nothing will happen to Delvaux, but in the meantime, I am sure the transition will impede linear processes (amplified by COVID). I feel like we need brands like Delvaux more than ever with logomania making me nauseous and crappy quality all around making me irritable. :P

Ok, I hear your comments about Delvaux’s design direction. But here is my input.

Delvaux is a heritage brand, like Hermès and Chanel. If they start messing around with their iconic designs (Brillant, Tempête, Madame), they will corrupt their DNA. Recently Bottega Veneta took this direction. However, loyal customers of the brand left in droves, and the company now has to attract and maintain new buyers, and be more than flavour-of-the-week. Sometimes changing the DNA is a dismal failure, like for Givenchy.

Delvaux has been doing a few tweaks here and there with hardware, and added some new designs, like Cool Box and So Cool, and some new formats of the classic designs. Other than that, what they have to work with is colour, leather, and sheer craftsmanship. Delvaux’s designs have always been cerebral. According to my SA, trying to explain the Magritte collection, or even stating that a recent collection is based on an interpretation of A Midsummer Night’s Dream by Shakespeare doesn’t resonate with the majority of buyers. In other words, the designs aren’t accessible. Yes, the basic designs remain more or less the same, however the limited editions and the special collections produced every year around the holidays are true collectors’ items.

I’ve met CZ at events on 2 occasions, and always found her to be approachable. I can’t think of another heritage brand where someone who isn’t a VVIP can chat with the designer. I wish her the best.

I’m keeping an open mind about Delvaux; fingers crossed that the brand will remain recognizable and that quality won’t suffer. Cynical me sees a dumbing down of the designs, a decrease in quality, and a slew of trendy brand ambassadors. Time will tell.

Ok, I hear your comments about Delvaux’s design direction. But here is my input.

Delvaux is a heritage brand, like Hermès and Chanel. If they start messing around with their iconic designs (Brillant, Tempête, Madame), they will corrupt their DNA. Recently Bottega Veneta took this direction. However, loyal customers of the brand left in droves, and the company now has to attract and maintain new buyers, and be more than flavour-of-the-week. Sometimes changing the DNA is a dismal failure, like for Givenchy.

Delvaux has been doing a few tweaks here and there with hardware, and added some new designs, like Cool Box and So Cool, and some new formats of the classic designs. Other than that, what they have to work with is colour, leather, and sheer craftsmanship. Delvaux’s designs have always been cerebral. According to my SA, trying to explain the Magritte collection, or even stating that a recent collection is based on an interpretation of A Midsummer Night’s Dream by Shakespeare doesn’t resonate with the majority of buyers. In other words, the designs aren’t accessible. Yes, the basic designs remain more or less the same, however the limited editions and the special collections produced every year around the holidays are true collectors’ items.

I’ve met CZ at events on 2 occasions, and always found her to be approachable. I can’t think of another heritage brand where someone who isn’t a VVIP can chat with the designer. I wish her the best.

I’m keeping an open mind about Delvaux; fingers crossed that the brand will remain recognizable and that quality won’t suffer. Cynical me sees a dumbing down of the designs, a decrease in quality, and a slew of trendy brand ambassadors. Time will tell.
Ok maybe I didn't express myself well! I love the designs! Just the colors and selection as of LATE have been abysmal. I would love to be dropped in the Delvaux world in 2015/ 2016 when they had so many beautiful colors and choices! And the whole GOT collection! I want them to keep what they have and just add the ONE design to the brillant, open top double tote, but structured, that would just allow for easier access. I just bought 2 pin dailies yesterday and am about to get this one the MM size....It has a back pocket! Woo hoo!

Attachments

• 1E3118F0-D04A-4184-A0C6-56A485C9EAC2.jpeg
    1E3118F0-D04A-4184-A0C6-56A485C9EAC2.jpeg
    352.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 084B65DD-B669-4F0E-9C0A-F670D6F78184.jpeg
    084B65DD-B669-4F0E-9C0A-F670D6F78184.jpeg
    347.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 88610B62-090C-4554-9874-B71231F93695.jpeg
    88610B62-090C-4554-9874-B71231F93695.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 001DF241-0DE5-48A5-B62D-B49EE51983C9.jpeg
    001DF241-0DE5-48A5-B62D-B49EE51983C9.jpeg