Let's talk Delvaux!

Does anyone know a good place to send a Delvaux handbag for repairs? Mostly for corner wear (scruffs, faded paint) but I’m also wondering if it would be possible to re-plate chipping or polish tarnished hardware.

Please let me know. I’m not looking for perfection, it’s a vintage bag in very good condition, I just want to give the bag more years to be used.

Lastly, if I can’t find a good repair place in the USA, does Delvaux have a bag spa similar to the Hermes one? If so, how does it work?

Good news! Delvaux offers “spa” services for their bags. I’ve not had to use the service, but if you contact a Delvaux boutique, they’ll tell you how the process works.

Personally, I wouldn’t let a non-Delvaux repair outlet touch the bag. Delvaux might not accept a bag that has been repaired by someone else.

Good luck!

Good news! Delvaux offers “spa” services for their bags. I’ve not had to use the service, but if you contact a Delvaux boutique, they’ll tell you how the process works Personally, I wouldn’t let a non-Delvaux repair outlet touch the bag. Delvaux might not accept a bag that has been repaired by someone else.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice! Nice to know they provide this service, I will contact them and ask how it works.

Reactions: JolieS
My two favorite bags! Valextra “Iside” Medium and Delvaux “Brillant” PM. I find these bag’s size perfect! They fit a lot but are not heavy.

I’m thinking about adding an Hermes Kelly in size 25 or 28. I don’t want a mini bag or a very large heavy bag. I had a Kelly 32 and I found it too large/bulky and too heavy.

Attachments

• 0EF5E328-D22D-4B1C-B1EB-46867409E2B1.jpeg
    0EF5E328-D22D-4B1C-B1EB-46867409E2B1.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 407
Hi, I hope everyone had a fabulous Easter.

I just received my Delvaux brillant MM in box calfskin. I am in love with the leather. I was worried that the bag might look too big on my frame since I am short, but it doesn’t look oversized at all.

I can’t wait to use it someday but until lockdown is over I will admire it in my display case
View attachment 4710016
Congratulations on your beautiful bag!

Reactions: ilovemydog
Hi, I hope everyone had a fabulous Easter.

I just received my Delvaux brillant MM in box calfskin. I am in love with the leather. I was worried that the bag might look too big on my frame since I am short, but it doesn’t look oversized at all.

I can’t wait to use it someday but until lockdown is over I will admire it in my display case
View attachment 4710016

Your bag is beautiful! I love the box calf too! Enjoy :smile:

Reactions: ilovemydog
Good news! Delvaux offers “spa” services for their bags. I’ve not had to use the service, but if you contact a Delvaux boutique, they’ll tell you how the process works.

Personally, I wouldn’t let a non-Delvaux repair outlet touch the bag. Delvaux might not accept a bag that has been repaired by someone else.

Good luck!

Do you know if the spa services apply to older Delvaux bags? Recently came upon a lovely shoulder bag from the brand that is apparently more than 10 years old and looks like it. I'm wondering it it's worth the risk and whether Delvaux could help with restoring it.

Do you know if the spa services apply to older Delvaux bags? Recently came upon a lovely shoulder bag from the brand that is apparently more than 10 years old and looks like it. I'm wondering it it's worth the risk and whether Delvaux could help with restoring it.
Delvaux guarantees their bags for life. They have a group of artisans dedicated to restoration/repair. I haven’t used the spa service, so don’t know about timeframes or costs, especially during this pandemic when their workshops and retail outlets are closed. That said, I can’t say what kind of miracles they can work if the bag has been heavily used/abused without proper care.
Good luck!

Delvaux guarantees their bags for life. They have a group of artisans dedicated to restoration/repair. I haven’t used the spa service, so don’t know about timeframes or costs, especially during this pandemic when their workshops and retail outlets are closed. That said, I can’t say what kind of miracles they can work if the bag has been heavily used/abused without proper care.
Good luck!

Thank you for the info, will have to think over it then. Whenever I come across a vintage Delvaux I'm always surprised as Delvaux doesn't seem to showcase their older/retired models very much.

Thank you for the info, will have to think over it then. Whenever I come across a vintage Delvaux I'm always surprised as Delvaux doesn't seem to showcase their older/retired models very much.

I'm always on the lookout for older Delvaux in excellent condition, especially those with the old Delvaux signature clip that they dropped some years back. I got pipped at the post last year when a reseller in Belgium had a beautiful example of the Georges bag (photo below), my all-time favorite Delvaux model. I'm still kicking myself for not buying it new when we lived in Brussels just a 10 minute walk from the Blvd de Waterloo flagship. They had one in this chocolate brown trimmed with a touch of croco exotic on the handles and the leather trim underneath the handle. :sad:

delvaux georges.PNG

I'm always on the lookout for older Delvaux in excellent condition, especially those with the old Delvaux signature clip that they dropped some years back. I got pipped at the post last year when a reseller in Belgium had a beautiful example of the Georges bag (photo below), my all-time favorite Delvaux model. I'm still kicking myself for not buying it new when we lived in Brussels just a 10 minute walk from the Blvd de Waterloo flagship. They had one in this chocolate brown trimmed with a touch of croco exotic on the handles and the leather trim underneath the handle. :sad:

View attachment 4714736
What a lovely bag! I have not seen this model but I like the interesting shape, it's not one you see often on handbags these days. And the version you described sounds even more beautiful.

Reactions: Passerine123