Let's talk Delvaux!

Wait I love this, why do you dislike it??
It reminds me of the acquisition by Richemont with the Swiss cheese look.

But on a more serious note I’m not at all a fan of the strap which narrows towards the top. Nor do I find the bag to have a “Delvaux” look. It sort of looks like a strange trypophobia inducing version of the ubiquitous banana bag.

But that’s just how I feel about the bag, others may feel very differently!

I enjoyed how the bags under Zeller mostly told stories and I don’t see any romance/story with this one.

I’m loving it so far!! I thought it would be too small but it’s actually perfect for times I need a little bag. I have an iPhone 15 Plus (with a thin case) and it JUST fits although getting it in the bag requires a bit of jiggling around! I have to get used to the zipper cause I find it a bit of a struggle opening. The side of the interior is unlined which I don’t mind and I appreciate how there’s two card slots so I don’t need to carry my wallet which gives me more room in there! I also appreciate the optional strap so I have the option of going hands free although I see myself carrying it mostly
wow thanks for the update, so happy to hear you’re loving it 😍

I just got a 1957 Delvaux Troubador and I am LOVING it! It's a perfect size, holds just my phone and wallet. I love how lightweight this is - I will be in Paris and Brussles in a few months and can't wait to visit the Delvaux flagship store! This came with a handwritten authentication from Delvaux themselves. It's about the size of a standard piece of paper and only about 3/4" deep. The lock is a turn lock as opposed to a flap. I've got my eye on a couple of vintage pieces from the 1970s and 1990s!

Attachments

• IMG_2951.jpg
    IMG_2951.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2952.jpg
    IMG_2952.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 45
I just got a 1957 Delvaux Troubador and I am LOVING it! It's a perfect size, holds just my phone and wallet. I love how lightweight this is - I will be in Paris and Brussles in a few months and can't wait to visit the Delvaux flagship store! This came with a handwritten authentication from Delvaux themselves. It's about the size of a standard piece of paper and only about 3/4" deep. The lock is a turn lock as opposed to a flap. I've got my eye on a couple of vintage pieces from the 1970s and 1990s!
This is such a beautiful piece! One of a kind!

This is such a beautiful piece! One of a kind!
Thank you! Based on their process, it’s possible (but I have no idea how likely) that this is one of a kind left? I’m sure someone has one stashed away but I believe only 10 were made in a given year at that time for the general public. Look at me, I sound bougie. LOL! I’m a stay at home mother of 5 kids, my most exciting daily thing is literally just leaving the house.

Currently deciding between Vegetal Tan vs Touterelle on cool box nano and am so torn. Would take any advice!
Can’t seem to find a photo of the cool box in tourterelle online so I took a pic of the mini bucket.

I think it depends on your wardrobe. The dove grey is beautiful and matches light colours very well. It feels Spring / Summer

IMG_4399.png

In contrast the vegetal feels heavier and matches darker colours better. It feels more fall/winter. IMG_4398.png

Last edited:
  • Insightful
Reactions: JenJBS
Currently deciding between Vegetal Tan vs Touterelle on cool box nano and am so torn. Would take any advice!
Can’t comment tourtelle, but vegetal is a bit on the warmer, softer, yellowish brown, especially when compared to my Hermes gold, which has a much more reddish undertone.
So Delvaux’s vegetal works well even in spring/summer. It goes pretty well with bright colored clothes. I’m very much biased towards anything in brown range, tho lol

IMG_5554.jpeg

Can’t seem to find a photo of the cool box in tourterelle online so I took a pic of the mini bucket.

I think it depends on your wardrobe. The dove grey is beautiful and matches light colours very well. It feels Spring / Summer

View attachment 6016830

In contrast the vegetal feels heavier and matches darker colours better. It feels more fall/winter.
73991406166__CF0D6F28-8C0E-4349-8119-783D276839B9.jpeg
Thanks so much for your input! Here they are side by side, lmk what you think!

Can’t comment tourtelle, but vegetal is a bit on the warmer, softer, yellowish brown, especially when compared to my Hermes gold, which has a much more reddish undertone.
So Delvaux’s vegetal works well even in spring/summer. It goes pretty well with bright colored clothes. I’m very much biased towards anything in brown range, tho lol

View attachment 6016839
I love both your bags! I have a lot of bright colored clothes. Good to know the vegetal tan still works. I feel the touterelle in cool box nano is more unique and elegant for some reason, but also like you, I gravitate towards tan colors!!