Lets talk Chevre Mysore!

There are probably many members who might be of more use to you than I, but I will try to answer your questions to the best of my ability/knowledge.
As far as I know "violet" was only ever produced in Chevre Mysore and then in limitedly in some exotics such as Ostrich and Crocs.
As far as the availability of chevre mysore in general is concerned there is some disagreement between the information that has been available to those of us on tPF. Some of us have heard that all chevre (i.e. Coromandel and Mysore) orders have been replaced with
Coromandel Souple and I actually heard that there were some remaining limited supplies of Chevre Mysore, so that one could still order a smaller bag in Mysore.
However, I just had a big mix-up with an order at my store and they may have been extending the availibility of mysore to me as a courtesy simply because of this error. I can't be sure. I only possit this, because no one else seems to feel that mysore was available for this podium.
I hope that this helps a little, and I apologize for my train-of-thought writing.

I actually can confirm much of this based on my recent special orders and personal knowledge. Violet was only produced in mysore. Not in chevre. I have a piece in violet mysore and in ostrich. i also have chevre (not violet of course). (chevre has the spine of course.-mysore has no spine) There is still some mysore but in limited colors violet being one of them--it is only abailable in small pieces in limited colors. chevre is availble as the chevre souple--not being renamed

I Bin so fast - being the impulse buyer that I am... I don't even know what chevre is this? Help!

luxury, your gorgeous violet chevre Kelly is a chevre mysore. Violet comes in chevre mysore and not coromandel or coromandel souple. Chevre mysore also has the spine but it's not so distinct. When you receive your Kelly, have a look all around. It may not be very visible on the front, and if that's the case, you will certainly see it at the back.

I actually can confirm much of this based on my recent special orders and personal knowledge. Violet was only produced in mysore. Not in chevre. I have a piece in violet mysore and in ostrich. i also have chevre (not violet of course). (chevre has the spine of course.-mysore has no spine) There is still some mysore but in limited colors violet being one of them--it is only abailable in small pieces in limited colors. chevre is availble as the chevre souple--not being renamed

There are 3 kinds of chevre:-
- chevre mysore
- chevre coromandel
- chevre coromandel souple.

My understanding is the same as MrsM's. Chevre mysore will be in limited supply and moving forward, confined to small leather goods. A VIP customer might still be able to SO a bag in chevre mysore though.

Mysore is mysore. Coromandel is Coromandel.

Coromandel has been replaced by Coromandel Souple for a few seasons now.

mrssparkles--i had a lesson in chevre etc when placing an order recently and i was told while looking at a 27cm mysore bolide that there was no spine like chevre.........now as i recall we did not turn it over but i will keep my eyes open ! thanks!

I have a Rose Shocking Chevre Mysore 30cm Birkin and it has a faint spine.

Most of the time, Paris will use the more prominent side of the spine at the back of the bag. Unless you specifically asked for the spine to be in the front! :yes:

OH that's why I was looking for the spine and couldn't seem to find it:confused1:...that's why I love tPF you are all so helpful!:tup: Thanks mrssparkles!!!

will update you the soonest!

luxury, your gorgeous violet chevre Kelly is a chevre mysore. Violet comes in chevre mysore and not coromandel or coromandel souple. Chevre mysore also has the spine but it's not so distinct. When you receive your Kelly, have a look all around. It may not be very visible on the front, and if that's the case, you will certainly see it at the back.