Let's talk about Wish lists!

cbh02b

Jun 24, 2006
You've got that awesome wish list in your account you've watched every YouTube video on the items and you've asked every PF member their opinions....now how do you choose which item to buy first? How do you choose which wish list items get bought up and which stay on the list a little longer?

Reactions: luxurista
My wish list changes a lot; it consists of both things that I've wanted for a little while, and things that I want on impulse. Essentially, everything has been on my wish list at some point (LOL). But I usually get tired of the impulsive ones, or try them out in-store and realize they weren't for me - which then eliminates certain items and helps me focus on what I truly want. So, for me, it's that one item (or items) that I keep coming back to. That's how I decide!

Reactions: cbh02b
My list is always changing as well. I tend to go for things I've wanted the longest so that I know there's a reason it's still on my mind. I often put things on my list and take them off again so if I were to buy too quickly, it would result in a lot of regretful purchases! I also look at my collection as a whole and see what's missing or lacking. Ie a particular print or function. And then use that to guide me to the item I should get next.

Reactions: Chenai
It's always changing. I don't usually base it on functionality (I'm at a stage in my life where I'm still carefree and have leeway with what I can carry).

If I love the look of a bag, it goes straight on my list. When I get to see the bag, it'll get cut or it might stay. If I'm not 100%, I don't go for it at all, which saves me the potential guilt of "bagret" ('buy-and-regret'. Coincidentally, 'bag-regret'). Bags that are classics stay on the list longer, even though there are price increases because I can get them anytime (except Chanel, because those prices are really high to begin with, so they stay longer on the list because I'm saving up). Also, I find having items linger on my wishlist lets me fall out of love more easily (especially with trendier pieces). Good for my savings. :biggrin:

I never buy during initial release because there might be production or quality problems. I live very far away from luxury stores so It's highly inconvenient for me to spend money on a flight just to exchange or bring in a bag for repair.

Mine is always changing, too... I sold a few of my canvas bags I wasn't really carrying to upgrade to some leather pieces that I've yet to fully decide on. I still use my favorite mm clutch in damier ebene all the time, but I'm looking to get the Pont Neuf in empreinte as a practical everyday bag and then I am obsessed with the Lockme II bb in rubis. Those are definitely next... I tend to get excited when a new style comes out, but try and make it a point to really think about what it would go with, if I really need it, etc. I keep thinking about the pont neuf, so I just have to go get it!

This is a fun topic. I love having a wish list and have surprised myself in noticing how mine changes regularly. One month I'll have a certain item at the 'top', and a few weeks later I want to focus on something different. Virtual musical chairs! I agree with others here that the very top of my list seems to go to the one that is filling a gap in a category I don't have yet, such as having a cross-body style or clutch for formal events. So even though the actual bag/item may change (speedyb 25 v. pochette metis), I usually stay the course and fill that gap before moving on.

My wishlist changes constantly except for my main bag one (Speedy B 30). I have watched all the videos/etc on it and have not changed my mind for quit some time. However I have obtained other things on my wishlist and turns out I didn't like them after seeking them for so long. I usually go with the flow for obtaining my wishlist. I have gotten the smaller things first, and my end goal is the bag.

Mine also has changed a lot during the last year, but now I reduced it to the few items that I really want.
Actually the bag that has been on my wishlist from the beginning, is the Speedy B 25, and 5 bags later I still don´t have it :-s.
But it´s #1 for this year, let´s see ... ;) .

Reactions: Chenai and cbh02b
I have for the most part my most wanted bags but have a lot of SLGs on my wishlist as of right now. I think a 6 Key Holder is my next purchase.... but I'm trying to wait a month to see if I still want it so I'm not making any impulse buys! That is the hardest thing though!

I have for the most part my most wanted bags but have a lot of SLGs on my wishlist as of right now. I think a 6 Key Holder is my next purchase.... but I'm trying to wait a month to see if I still want it so I'm not making any impulse buys! That is the hardest thing though!
You will never regret the six ring keyholder! It's my favourite slg of all time. I thought it was a bit pointless before I got it but now I can't imagine not having it.

If it's a hard to get or I find a seasonal color variation I really like on the item, it gets bought first. :smile:
If it's an item from Chanel or Hermes (for ex.) where they constantly raise the prices, I try to push those wishlist items to the top of my list. Why buy for more later when I can get it now at a cheaper price, you know?

All the items on my wishlist that are permanent collection items for the brand, they're on the bottom of the wishlist. Always. Those you can get anytime. They're not going anywhere.

If you take all those factors away and every item on your wishlist is just as easy/or hard to find and you know the same item will be around next year----then I just pick whatever item has been on my mind for the longest. If I'm constantly debating between item X and W and then X and Y and then X and Z, I'm going to get X next.