Let's talk about Roger Vivier

lolobaby

Jan 16, 2009
Hi, you can call up the Roger Vivier store in NYC. I ordered a pair for my wedding few months ago. Ask for Chris Powell, he was the SA that helped me. I also got an invite to their private sale today, which starts in few days. Here's the email rogervivierny@rogervivier.com
Hi, thanks for the reply

Also thanks for the SA information. How kind. BTW, do you have any pre-sales lookbook that you can share? Or do you mind hooking me up with the private-sale details? TIA;)

Greentea

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
The Chips flats look like they run narrow. Is that the case?
I'm going to buy my first pair of RV flats in Paris next week and I'm trying to choose a style. Toying between Gomette and Chips.

BigAkoya

O.G.
Nov 23, 2006
I love Roger Vivier shoes and have both, the classic pumps and the Gomma flats. I like the Gomma flats more than the Chips. They are more versatile and you can dress them up or down. Aside from the Roger Vivier in NYC, you can also contact the store in Bal Harbour. I find them a lot more friendlier than the NYC store and they will send you pictures of styles and color. In addition, they will send you several pairs of shoes on "consignment" which you will not get charged until you pick a shoe.

For Gomma, for Fall 2011, it comes in a two-tone version which is very cute. I purchased the Ruby/Black combo (I would post pictures by can't quite figure how). Another great looking Gomma is the black sueded with a tortoise buckle. I wear that shoe all the time. Gomma has a rubber sole, so it is very comfortable.

Hope this helps.

BigAkoya

O.G.
Nov 23, 2006
Hi, I think I figured out how to post pictures. Here are a few pictures. I posted the two Gommas I purchased. Both are still available as they are from Fall 2011. By the way, the ruby also comes in solid ruby with black buckle (no duo two-tone, cap toe).

Attachments

• Gomma Duo Ruby.JPG
    Gomma Duo Ruby.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 2,782
  • Gomma Black Suede Tortoise.jpg
    Gomma Black Suede Tortoise.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 2,843