Let's talk about our love for Hermès ... and our favorite H things!

I've always been someone who is very attracted to beautiful fabrics and colors. I also am very tactile. I love something that FEELS wonderful and/or is exquisetely hand crafted. It doesn't have to be Hermes - it can be an antique Kashmir shawl or an ornate finely hand crocheted tablecloth. (I have a huge collection of these and never use them!)

But NO ONE does all these things all rolled into one like Hermes.

The shawls, scarves and handbags are, quite rightly, wearable works of art made to last forever. I can't get enough of them. I can live without the beach towels, china, clothing, pefume, and jewelry. While Hermes does these quite nicely too, other companies can match them in qualtiy and beauty in these areas.

But the leather goods, shawls and silks.........:heart::heart::heart::heart:.

Angelfish - You're not the minority with epsom. I also like epsom as it's very lightweight, durable and you can use this leather almost everywhere and still looks great. I also like that it keeps its shape!

mrs nordic - The Tohu Bohu cashmere shawls this season are TDF. I tried it on and couldn't stop thinking about it.

mrssparkles - This thread also helps me to cherish my tiny collection!

DITTO! It's such a fabulous feeling and opening the shrink-wrapped box!

I love the colors; the quality; the fact that they refurbish items; and oddly enough, as much as I love to buy pre-loved, I LOVED that I ordered my own bag and it was made just for little ole me lol!!! (although I admit the wait was torture!).....

Well said! I share your sentiments!

sin vergüenza;7477364 said:
I've always been someone who is very attracted to beautiful fabrics and colors. I also am very tactile. I love something that FEELS wonderful and/or is exquisetely hand crafted. It doesn't have to be Hermes - it can be an antique Kashmir shawl or an ornate finely hand crocheted tablecloth. (I have a huge collection of these and never use them!)

But NO ONE does all these things all rolled into one like Hermes.

The shawls, scarves and handbags are, quite rightly, wearable works of art made to last forever. I can't get enough of them. I can live without the beach towels, china, clothing, pefume, and jewelry. While Hermes does these quite nicely too, other companies can match them in qualtiy and beauty in these areas.

But the leather goods, shawls and silks.........:heart::heart::heart::heart:.

La Van-I actually agree with many of the things you brought up, the colours, leathers, the impeccability of the scarves, oh my, I love H! My favorite thing currently is the fact that even a little bit of H (a bracelet etc.) can make me feel a lot better about my outfit!

i am currently obssessed with ostrich & lizard kellys/birkins, oran sandals, and the 35cm floopy kellys (still searching for the perfect one!). i also love the mens fall/winter RTW & wish i could buy up everything for DH!

For me, it's the extra bounce in Mrs. P's step, that confidence she exudes when wearing her H bags, belts, scarves, blouses, shoes and the likes, it's that extra certain je nais se qua...that endears me more to her...it could be the eliteness the H provides, regal stance she poses when wearing it, whatever it is...she does it to me...with a bit more flair that is of Hermes! When I see her using her Hermes, I smile because it makes me happy to know that I can somehow provide...in return for all the happiness and security she has provided me!

Last edited:
This is so sweet, Mr.P!!! [This is also my DH's opinion of H!!]

For me, it's the extra bounce in Mrs. P's step, that confidence she exudes when wearing her H bags, belts, scarves, blouses, shoes and the likes, it's that extra certain je nais se qua...that endears me more to her...it could be the eliteness the H provides, regal stance she poses when wearing it, whatever it is...she does it to me...with a bit more flair that is of Hermes! When I see her using her Hermes, I smile because it makes me happy to know that I can somehow provide...in return for all the happiness and security she has provided me!

I love all the colors :heart: I used to buy mostly black handbags until I fell in love with H. Now I have branched out a bit and am enjoying a wide variety of colors. I also never ever wore scarves or shawls before H either - now I cannot get enough :smile: I enjoy the small unexpected items like the leather covered pencils, the Swiss Army knife, etc. So much fun!

One of my favorite H is the H blanket when I and DH watch movies we share.that's the most used H item since we are both big movie fans and sports fans. and we both love to go to H store for gifts. you can find almost the perfect thing for both jender.not long ago DH puchased a cigarette box and Victorian(my influence that DH now think H bag can be good on men) in ten minutes at an airport.(totally forget we are on the way to a male friend's B-day party). I just hope all the airports have a H store. scarves and belts, of course, can never go wrong.